Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Tree Trimming Tradition

Tonight's the night.
We're going to decorate the Christmas tree.
I give the children an ornament each year.
We put the ornaments on the tree chronologically beginning with the wired gold tinsel "I love you" that my husband made for me while we were dating.  I tell the story of our life as we go, something from each year. My husband usually hangs our couple ornaments.  The children begin adding their ornaments when we get to their birth year.  If they complain, I just tell them they're not born yet!

Tradition!
Linking with

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful tradition! Enjoy tonight with your family!
    Hugs, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    I found your blog on Raising Homemakers; I posted a link, too.

    What fun! Isn’t creating your own family traditions such a delight?

    ~Hope

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor