Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Favorite First Lines... A Cast of Stones

"Smells of earth and dung drifted slowly past the fog in Errol’s brain. His skin prickled with cold. Water and ooze soaked his threadbare garments and he shivered. Cruk had thrown him out of the tavern. Again."
 A Cast of Stones by Patrick Carr


Don't you just love it when a book draws you in from the very first lines? That's what Patrick Carr did with A Cast of Stones and countless other authors have done as well.  I had to know what on earth had just happened.  So I read another line and another and another until he had me hook, line, and sinker.

What are some of your favorite first lines?

Blessings,
Laura
Happy at Home

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor