Saturday, September 16, 2017

A Little Blog Reading From the Archive...

Hello Friends! 

I've been reading through my blog from beginning to end. It's been a lovely way to relive memories, to remember my blessings, and to be reminded of my many thrifty ways! Interested? See note at the bottom on how to read a blog from beginning to end.

Here are some of my favorites.

♥♥♥



♥♥♥



♥♥♥



♥♥♥



♥♥♥



♥♥♥



♥♥♥


Enjoy your weekend!

Laura
Learning to Rest

♥♥♥

How to Read a Blog from the Very First Post


P.S. If you'd like to join me in reading (or skimming) my blog from the beginning, here's my very first post: A Cozy Christ Centered Christmas.

After reading the post, just click on Newer Post. Read and repeat. After you've read as many posts as you'd like, simply bookmark the next page, and pick up from there next time you'd like to read. I put mine in the bookmarks at the top of my page. 

I've read Mrs. White's blog, The Legacy of Home  and Aunt Ruthie's blog, Sugar Pie Farmhouse from the beginning. Now I'm reading Roxy Jones' blog, Living from Glory to Glory, as well as my own.


P.P.S. I am reading all of your comments. Your prayers and words of encouragement these last couple weeks have buoyed me up. Thank you for being patient with me. I'm still not replying unless someone asks a question or requests it. Right now it just seems to take too much energy. I feel better than last week, but this last chemo hit me hard. Hopefully, in another week or so I will feel much better.

Hugs to you all!
Laura

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to checking these posts out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH how fun to read the blogs.. I enjoy that too.
    Sorry you have had a rough week.. Just rest as much as you can, Give your body time to heal. God is good, He is with you.. hugs my friend. Hope next week is a much better week... Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!
    Offered my Holy Eucharist tonight at Mass for you, dear friend.
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The piece of this post that reads: "Don't pick them up again" ministered to me. It dovetailed with what our pastor preached on today. Thank you Laura.

    I can't imagine how tired you must feel after so many weeks of chemo. We understand. Please, no need to personally respond. Praying for your stamina to return as your body rebuilds. Yours, Karen A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am fixing to start from post #1! I am anxious to read them all

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's fun to go back and reread our blogs to remember things. If I had not posted some of those things, I would have forgotten them already. I went straight to your little dog post; I love that your dog has my name. ;-)) I have received a huge spiritual lesson from my dogs, as I just love them so much. They mess up, tear up, disobey, etc... but I don't stop loving them. I think that's how my heavenly father feels about me. And it's through those lil dogs, that I understand a little more about how He loves me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love revisting old posts. It reminds me of where I've been and hopefully has grown in my walk with the Lord. I like reading other blog author's old posts too, especially when you see how much their children have grown.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thinking of you today. Hope you are feeling good. Prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a nice thing to do reading old post again! Huggles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Laura, I know your on break, so maybe one of your readers can help me with something. I would love to read the entire Legacy of Home blog from the beginning, but I can't figure out how to get to the first post to start.
    Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

    Blessings to you, Laura.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debby,

      I went to her archive list, then went to the oldest post listed. Here it is. When you finish, just click on newer post. Be sure to bookmark either where you finish reading or where you need to begin reading. Enjoy!

      http://thelegacyofhome.blogspot.com/2009/04/

      God bless you!
      Laura

      Delete
    2. You're supposed to be resting!! But, thank you!

      Blessings, Laura! Now, go rest!!!

      Delete
  11. Hello Laura! I've been lurking for a couple of months now, and have been so blessed by the faith that pours out of your posts. After reading your post today that looks back to the beginning of your blog, it was clear: this blog is your Ebenezer, your stone of help! 1 Samuel 7:12: "Then Samuel took a stone, and set it between Mizpeh and Shen, and called the name of it Ebenezer, saying, Hitherto hath the Lord helped us". Your blog is a wonderful testimony, a huge blessing and encouragement to your readers. A reminder that He has always been there in the past, is now, and will always be. Will be lifting you and your family up in prayer, and I thank God for you and your blog!
    Love in Christ, Valerie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor