Monday, June 22, 2020

Help For Troubled Hearts


Photo by Rod Long on Unsplash


"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

John 14:27


Dear friends,

 They are all looking at you—looking at me. They're watching to see what we do, what we say, whether we are stressed or whether we are peaceful. Many people are watching to see if this Jesus thing is real to us. Family, friends, strangers, co-workers are all watching. So, is this Jesus thing real to you?

 When you face a crisis of any kind, first words matter. Are your words of hope? Of fear? Of thankfulness and praise to God? Of despair? Only you can control what comes out first and what comes out most often. Others will use your reaction to judge Christianity and God. Make sure that your first words and all words are life, hope, peace, and joy.

 When we are pressed, we are not crushed. We have a father God who loves us and provides what we need and heals us. Do we believe that?  I do. 

  I am an older woman. I've had years of experience with hard times both financial and health challenges. That's an advantage I have over many who are facing their first big challenges with this Covid-19 threat. 

 I've seen God provide when my husband's income was cut in half, because the company no longer wished to pay his salary. He was forced to quit. I've seen God supply when we had a long period of unemployment when my children were little. I've seen God supply when we closed a business and didn't have income for 4 months while my husband was looking for a position. God always supplies our needs. I've learned to pray and trust him. The trick is to do it without worrying. There's a lot of scripture about that. ~smile~

 God has brought me through pneumonia three times, two for which I was hospitalized. He's brought me through more surgeries than most families have had in total. Lately, he's brought me through breast cancer. I have evidence that Holy Spirit will never leave me nor forsake me. I just have to keep paying attention and praying and praising and worshiping. My faith has been deepened by the numerous trials in my life. I have been refined. 

 We're all dealing with the virus in one way or another. I encourage you to speak life, speak truth, speak hope, speak faith, speak the Word of God. Now is a time to draw closer to Him, and He will draw closer to you.

 Keep calm and pray on!

 Laura Lane



Bio:
Laura married my high school sweetheart thirty-three years ago. You might say they're going steady permanently.  Laura is married to her high school sweetheart and makes her home in Carthage, Missouri.She has four adult children. Two of her daughters live at home and attend colldege in the next town over. 

She met my Jesus when she was fifteen, and her life has never been the same. She enjoys writing, knitting, sewing, quilting, crocheting, baking, cooking, making jam, and making soup. Her recipes have been included in Gooseberry Patch's Hometown Christmas, Grilling and Campfire Cooking and Secrets from Grandma's Kitchen, too.

Laura is the author of Harvest Lane Cottage encouraging others in their faith in Jesus, homemaking, books, and thrifty living. She is a breast cancer survivor since 2017.




Shared at Classical Homemaking.

22 comments:

  1. Your words are 'apples of gold' Laura. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely words - thank you. We so need to pray for our country - it surely does need it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely agree! They are watching us! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CUANTA VERDAD HAY EN TUS PALABRAS QUERIDA, EN ESTOS MOMENTOS TAN DIFICILES QUE VIVIMOS, ES CUANDO MAS TENEMOS QUE HABLAR DE LA SALVACION QUE VIENE DE JESUS, LA GENTE MIRA A VER QUE HACEMOS O QUE DECIMOS, ESO ES CIERTO, PERO LO QUE NO SABEN ELLOS, ES QUE TENEMOS A UN DIOS TAN GRANDE, MARAVILLOSO ES EL, Y COMO DICE EL APOSTOL PABLO EN: 2 DE CORINTIOS, CAPITULO 4, VERSICULO 8, 9 Y 1. HAY ESTA RESUMIDO TODO, ESE ES EL EJEMPLO QUE DEBEMOS DAR. BENDICIONES.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes I say to my husband, 'Should we be worried that we are not worried?'. Like you we have been down the road of trials and tribulations for so many years that we know without a shadow of a doubt that He is here with us through every bump in the road and that we can trust Him. He never fails us and in that we find our comfort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strange how we change over the years when we trust in Jesus.

      Delete
  6. Just what I needed to hear today! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post and this message! You've used more lives than most cats I know:-) What a great reminder ~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank You Laura Just what we need at this time. God Bless
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Laura for sharing parts of your wonderful testimony with us today. Just the encouragement that I was needing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Connie, That's what I hope will happen when I share.Hugs to you, prayer to God for you.Laura

      Delete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor