Saturday, January 30, 2021

Weekend Reading ~ January 30



A Harvest Lane Cottage logo I used during my cancer fight.

Dear Reader,

 It's been an interesting day. Here in Southwest Missouri, they blew the tornado sirens. The storms went south of us, but the rain has been plentiful. I am going to fry some chicken in just a bit. I think I'll put some butter out on the counter to soften in case I decide to make chocolate chip cookies. My kids grew up loving rainy days. They knew momma would bake cookies, and we'd read aloud. Soup, stew or chili often simmered on the stove as well.

 
 I hope you find some ways to make your home and family cozy this weekend. My husband and I have been watching old episodes of Hometown with Erin and Ben Napier. We like their interaction, the fact that they're Christians, the little town of Laurel, Mississippi where they live, and the way they reuse old things in every home they work on. It fits well with my Use It Up, Wear It Out, Make It Do, or Do Without mindset.

How to Make it Happen




 So here are some things you might enjoy this weekend.



 Sending you a warm hug for your winter day.

 Laura
 Keep Calm and Keep Praying
 In God We Trust

10 comments:

  1. My kids loved it when I made cookies and I loved it when my mom made cookies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and I love it when I make cookies, too! Especially oatmeal raisin.~smile~

      Delete
  2. DEAR HERMANA: HACE3 DIAS QUE TENEMOS LLUVIA AQUI, HAN SIDO UN ALIVIO, YA QUE ESTAMOS EN VERANO Y HACE MUCHO CALOR, TENEMOS HASTA 37 CENTIGRADOS DE TEMPERATURA, NO ME GUSTA EL CALOR,AMO EL FRIO,EL INVIERNO. DIOS NOS ESTA DANDO UN LEVE REFRIGERIO CON UNOS DIAS UN POCO MAS FRESCOS. SIEMPRE TRATO DE REUTILIZAR ALGUNA ROPA QUE ESTE PARA TIRAR, CAMISAS VIEJAS,LAS RECORTO PARA HACER TRABAJOS MANUALES O PARA HACER DELANTALES PARA USAR EN LAS TAREAS DOMESTICAS, COSER BOTONES, ZURCIR MEDIAS ECT. ES IMPORTANTE QUE LA AMA DE CASA, SEA AHORRATIVA Y GASTE POCO DINERO, QUE AYUDE A SU ESPOSO EN LA ECONOMIA DEL HOGAR, YA QUE LA SITUACION ECONOMICA, ESTA MUY DIFICIL. EN PROVERBIOS 31,DICE EN EL VERSICULO:11: EL CORAZON DE SU MARIDO ESTA EN ELLA CONFIADO, Y NO CARECERA DE GANANCIAS. BENDICIONES LAURA Y QUE DIOS TE SIGA GUARDANDO Y SOSTENIENDO EN SU PERFECTA PAZ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Que perfecto mi amiga. La esposa es muy importante en la casa y para su esposa. Me gusta otoño mas de todo las estaciones. Es muy bonita.

      Estoy aprendiendo español. Este es mi primera nota todo en español.

      Me gusta escribir a tu en español.

      Adios mi amiga.
      Laura

      Delete
    2. Translation: How perfect my friend. The wife is very important in the house and for his wife. I like autumn more than all the seasons. It is very pretty.

      I'm learning Spanish. This is my first note all in Spanish.

      I like to write to you in Spanish.

      Good bye my friend.
      Laura

      Delete
  3. Hi Laura, The smells of a kitchen baking and cooking are so cozy! Sounds like a weird winter storm. So much is going on in the world, so glad we can still have peace in the storms! Thinking of you!
    Hugs, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always lovely to stop by Laura, it does sound so cozy at your home :) Thank you for mentioning my wee blog too, that's very kind. Blessings to you ~ Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Linda. I do wish we were neighbors. I think we'd have some lovely chats.

      Delete
  5. LAURA: TE FELICITO POR TU ESPAÑOL, ES CASI PERFECTO. AQUI VA UNA CORRECCION: CUANDO DICES: ME GUSTA ESCRIBIRTE A TU EN ESPAÑOL, ES INCORRECTO, SE ESCRIBE: ME GUSTA ESCRIBIRTE A TI EN ESPAÑOL. POR LO DEMAS,MUY BUENO. ¿TE GUSTARIA ESCRIBIRME UNA CARTA EN ESPAÑOL? YO TE ESCRIBIRIA TAMBIEN, ¿ESTARIAS DE ACUERDO? ESPERO TU RESPUESTA. BENDICIONES DULCE AMIGA.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Querida Sirviendo,
    Si, me gusta escribirte a ti en espanol. Pero yo hablo un poquito espanol.  Por favor escríbame a laura@harvestlanecottage.com para obtener mi dirección.

    Usaré el Traductor de Google para ayudarme. Esto me hará feliz.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor