Monday, May 15, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday - May 15, 2023

 


Hello ladies, 

My Monday post is quite late this week.  You might even be seeing this on Tuesday. School will finish next week. ~smile~ I subbed today and will tomorrow.  That might be the end for me. First thing I want to do is make strawberry jam. 🍓 I use the recipe in the Sure Gel package.

The weather... Rain!

Right now I am... Tired. I subbed in a special ed class today. Tomorrow 5th grade.

Thinking... I want to revisit my Spring Bucket List.  I want to do what I can, then maybe add some things to a summer ☀️ bucket list. 
  • John from The Bible
  • In This Moment by Gabrielle Meyer ~ for review
  • The Unexpected Light of Thomas Alva Edison by Raymond Arroyo ~ for review
  • Turtle Finds His Talent ~ for review
  • Homespun Devotions Volume 2 ~ by Cheryl Smith
  • Mere Christianity ~ by C.S. Lewis
Favorite blog post last week... I can't even remember if I've read a post this past week!

Something fun to share... 

My Sand & Sea Socks are off the needles. I'll weave in the ends this week.



Blog hopping... I like Living from Glory to Glory by Roxy

On the menu for this week... 
  • Monday ~ fried ham and mashed potatoes 
  • Tuesday ~ sandwiches
  • Wednesday ~ beef stew
  • Thursday ~ I'm not sure yet. We're going to try EveryPlate. I have a girlfriend who really likes it and has used it for over a year. Our box should arrive Thursday. I'll let you know what we think. If you want to try it too, you can use this link to get a big discount. 
  • Friday ~ Something from EveryPlate
On my to do list... Just try to hold things together until school's out!

In the craft basket...  knitting and a bit of mending.

Looking forward to this week... My son's are delivering the sofa and chair I bought on Marketplace. We've been in bad need of new to us furniture. 

Looking around the house... It is looking a little lived in after three days of making merry this past weekend. 

From the camera... 
It's not to early to think about gifts you can make or thrift. I'm planning to make extra jam to give this year.


On my prayer list... Salvation, healing, financial provision.

Bible verse, Devotional... Philipians 4:6-7   “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”

Now, just a note. I homeschooled my kids for over 25 years, and now I work in schools. May is crazy with kids! Give yourself grace and try to take some breaks. Y'all will get through this month!

Have a terrific week,
Laura

See what the other ladies are up to at Happy Homemaker Monday.  Unlimited Link Party

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for subbing - school teachers are so needed. How wonderful on new furniture.
    Love the scripture.
    Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, my friend! Yes!!! I remember May in school, both as a teacher and as a mom before we began homeschool! (Best decision ever!) Thank you for posting the beautiful Christmas tree! Just seeing it made me happy! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your break Laura :) I hope you get to do all the things you've planned and more !! Blessings ~ Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laura, great post!! Hope you are having a lovely week. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, subbing in special ed can be exhausting! I remember volunteering in my daughter’s kindergarten class and being exhausted too. Whew!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor