Monday, May 8, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday ~ May 8


Hello ladies, 

I'm still getting back in the habit of writing these Monday posts. I'll pretty them up a bit when I finish with school. ~smile~ I probably won't sub much more this year. I'm on the schedule for half a day this Thursday and one day next week. 

The weather... Sunny and hot and humid. I cannot believe I was cold last week.

Right now I am... Tired. I subbed in a special ed class for kids with autism and behavior disorders today. 

Thinking... I would really like to read a bit tonight.
  • Ezekiel from The Bible
  • In This Moment by Gabrielle Meyer ~ for review
  • The Unexpected Light of Thomas Alva Edison by Raymond Arroyo ~ for review
  • Turtle Finds His Talent ~ for review
  • Homespun Devotions Volume 2 ~ by Cheryl Smith
  • At Home with Madame Chic ~ by Jennifer Scott
  • Mere Christianity ~ by C.S. Lewis
Favorite blog post last week... A Little Blog Reading from The Archive

Something fun to share... 

I wrote this off for my daughter this week. 


Blog hopping... I like Living from Glory to Glory by Roxy

On the menu for this week... 
  • Monday ~ salad and quesadillas
  • Tuesday ~ We'll each be away from home and will eat out
  • Wednesday ~ beef stew
  • Thursday ~ I'm not sure yet. We're going to try EveryPlate. I have a girlfriend who really likes it and has used it for over a year. Our box should arrive Thursday. I'll let you know what we think. If you want to try it too, you can use this link to get a big discount. 
  • Friday ~ I'm not sure. It's my birthday, and my husband will take care of it. I do know my grown kids have been invited over for cake.
On my to do list... Do I have to think about it? I've been working on to do list after to do list recently. I'm going to maintain the house this week and think about a to do list for next week. 

In the craft basket...  knitting and a bit of hand quilting on my daughter's quilt. My husband's grandmother pieced it and gave it to me to finish. It's been challenging. She used lots of scraps, and some of them had polyester blended with cotton. They're hard to get a hand needle through.

Looking forward to this week... My birthday is Friday. My husband has invited me to lunch at our favorite place, Red Onion. I'm looking forward to French onion soup, bruchetta, and a piece of their Italian cream cake. Super yum!

Looking around the house... It looks great. We cleaned up after having company last night. It was nice to come home to a clean house. 

From the camera... 
My little boy who grew up to be a lawman.

On my prayer list... Salvation, healing, financial provision.

Bible verse, Devotional... In honor of Mother's Day, "Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her." Proverbs 31:28

Now, just a note. I don't really like the way I've got this set up. I'm going to look back on how I've done it in the past.  So, you can expect this to look a little different over the next few weeks. Right now, I'm just trying to get myself writing again.

Have a terrific week,
Laura

See what the other ladies are up to at Happy Homemaker Monday.

7 comments:

  1. You have quite an extensive reading list!!!! I am sure you will enjoy it! I hope you have a wonderful birthday!!! I know you will enjoy having your kiddos there! Out of all of mine I have one adult daughter, and she's still my baby girl no matter how old she gets :) Happy birthday friend! Have a wonderful week!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stacy,
      I totally agree. My Amy is my baby girl even though she gave me my first son-in-love and will give me my first grandbaby in a few months. I have always read the books I review for children to her. I find I really need to read them aloud to tell if I really enjoy reading them. She's a good sport.
      Be blessed, Stacy!

      Delete
  2. Monday it rained here, so I did more inside than outside, but today we are to finally get some sunshine. I hope to get more asparagus for dinner soon. We still need to get our solar electric fencing up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristina!I'm so glad to hear from you. We've been hearing that rain's coming for days, but it's been dry here. Our farmers are really needing rain. It's warmed up here a lot. We're going to have to start the garden soon. My husband has several plants that he started indoors, but it's been too cold. We went from cold to hot. What happened to Spring?I'm sure putting up that fencing will be a job. We used to live in a place where there was asparagus planted long ago. I'd like to plant some here. Do they like sun or shade? I'll be over to visit you at your blog later today. Glad to find you from Happy Homemaker. Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

      Delete
  3. Happy Early Birthday! Hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Laura! May your year ahead be filled with abundant blessings. 💝 And God bless all you do as a sub teacher...especially with more challenging kiddos. It's so important! Have a wonderful rest of the week. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Laura Lane!!! I really enjoyed this post! I'm going to try your banana bread recipe. What a sweet personalized recipe from, mama - I loved it. Your son is adorable, and I'll be he has a proud mama. What an admirable occupation! Have a great week-end! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor