Friday, May 5, 2023

This Weekend at Harvest Lane Cottage May 5, 2023

 Hello everyone! 

  I hope you have some fun or peaceful plans for this weekend.  It's supposed to rain here for the next few days. I have several things planned for this weekend. If I can squeeze it in, I may get my sewing room/office set up again. We had to take it apart to use the tables for the yard sale last week. 

Plans this weekend:

  • Celebrate the life of a wonderful man of God who has moved to Heaven ~ done
  • Make chicken and rice soup ~ done
  • Blow bubbles ~ I didn't realize I was out of bubbles!
  • Clean house for company ~ done
  • Make burritos with homemade refried beans ~ done
  • Bake pies ~ Two lemon meringues ~ done
  • Church at home this week ~ James River Church Online ~ done
  • Have home group friends over ~ done  Hand a great time!
  • Begin reading my new review book ~ In This Moment by Gabrielle Meyer ~ done
  • Select a knitting pattern for Grandbaby Boy. Done ~ Newborn Vertabrae
  • Set up my sewing room/office ~ Ran out of time
  • Knit of course! ~ Done
 My hope is to do this all at a peaceful, non-stressful, unrushed pace. I am really seeking God's peace and His presence. I'm listening to Ezekiel, and I'm getting a very real view of what happens when God's people don't seek Him.
 
 Seek Him while He may be found my friend. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.

God bless you!
Have a good weekend,
Laura

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely weekend and busy! Sorry for your loss but heaven's gain.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. This pie! Decedent and keeps for several days on the counter and tastes like you just made it. https://www.thekitchenismyplayground.com/2015/07/chocolate-crack-pie.html.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks decadent!
    My husband chose pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor