Saturday, February 3, 2024

Squirrel!


Photo by Ana Paula Grimaldi on Unsplash

"I cannot stress enough how important it is to save for rainy days. I am a squirrel. I have been squirreling a little money here and there as it comes to me for years. It's been very helpful in this time of unemployment. Even if you can only save a few dollars or even a few cents, please do it. It's the only reason we've still got money after no income for two months. The other thing I had was some food in the freezer. Prepare while you can ladies!"

Me -2015


That period of unemployment lasted four months. We had no income. Since we had been self-employed, and we had closed our business, we were not eligible for unemployment, nor did we apply for food stamps. We trusted God. He provided for us. Every day. In unexpected ways. It was one of the most prayerful times and one of the most creative times. We depended on God for every single thing we needed. We sold things. I got really creative with meals and ways to use it up, wear it out, make it do and do without. It was hard. BUT, it was harder when paychecks started coming in again. We needed to learn how to handle money better when we had it. All lessons to be learned.

God is good. 
But it does help to be a squirrel!

Blessings, 
Laura

2 comments:

  1. Love this. They are beyond smart - people should be so smart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We "squirrel" away too. It has held us in good stead many times over the years. Thanks for the reminder.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor