Friday, March 15, 2024

Thrifty Lately ~ February & March


This was Harvest Lane Cottage for years.
God blessed us with a newer, nicer home in town in 2019.
It's good to remember where we've come from.

Hello everyone! 

I've had a lot of reviews lately. I've got a couple more reviews for Zonderkidz coming this week. Don't give up on me. I've been working at the junior high a lot lately, and I just haven't had the routine down to sit and write. 

Free books and film previews provided to me in exchange for honest reviews: 

Use it up: 

  • Knitting scrappy hats with leftover sock yarn 
  • Knitting socks with yarn that was given to me a couple of years ago.
  • We've been eating primarily from the pantry and freezer
Thrifty Purchases: 

  • Texas Ware melamine mixing bowl $3
  • Pizza stone $8 
  • I bought four new dresses for less than $100 with free shipping. 60% off sale!
  • I bought a personal care item at a big discount with free shipping. I'm sure there were other things that I just didn't remember to write down. 

Gardening:  
  • Lowell replanted plants grown from cuttings for me in last year's leftover potting soil 
  • Lowell bought pea, kale, lettuce  and spinach seeds from local farm store for a total of $1.50.
  • Lowell planted tomato seeds in pots we already had.

Other thrifty things:

  • I borrowed a book on the Libby app.
  • I listened to a lot of books on Everand for one price of $11.99.
  • I made a delicious chicken casserole with things I had on hand using this video from Becoming a Farmgirl.

~~~~~
♥♥♥
~~~~~
A Verse for You

“They cried unto thee (God), 
and were delivered: 
they trusted in thee, 
and were not confounded.” 
Psalm 22:5
What are you doing in your home this week?

~~~~~
♥♥♥
~~~~~

ღLauraღ
...doing what I can with what I've got
where I am on a short shoestring budget!

~~~~~
♥♥♥
~~~~~





5 comments:

  1. Hi Laura :) Just popping in to say hi! You've had some good reviews lately. I always appreciate them. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful colors of yarn! That is a good You Tube channel - lots of good ideas. have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of thrifty things were accomplished in your home! I appreciate the suggestions that I can use in our home too. I also enjoy using the Libby app for books.
    I have surprisingly discovered that is less expensive for me to purchase frozen Lasagna, etc. in the family size and have it for 3-4 meals for Hubby and I, rather than purchase the ingredients to make it myself. We have found several that taste almost exactly like my homemade versions so this is more thrifty for us.
    It is good to visit with you today. :-)
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb in FL (formerly from Carthage!)March 17, 2024 at 7:31 PM

    Where did you get your dresses? I am looking for a better deal than Amazon. ;) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lane Bryant. They were having a 60% off sale. I think they start at size 12 or 14.

      Nice to hear from you Deb!

      Delete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor