Sunday, May 19, 2024

Anxiety Getting to You?


 “Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.”  Philippians 4:8

Philippians 4 is a treasure trove of verses that I have clung to during difficult times. I really needed this reminder to go back and read and think about these verses again. I heard 
Thelma Wells speak about verse 6 several years ago. She used the version that says "Be anxious for nothing...", only she very adamantly and enthusiastically pronounced it...

"Be anxious for NO THING..."

Good point, eh?

The part of the chapter that really stands out to me states in NIV,

"4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!

Gee, how would my life change if I really rejoiced ALWAYS?

5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.

This gal definitely needs to learn to be more gentle.

6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Talk about life changing! I need to not only have this memorized, but internalized. 

7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

I have been a bit down for a couple of days. Now I remember where to find peace. 


Bless God for bringing me this encouragement just when I needed it. Thank you Jesus!

May God bless you, dear Reader, as you seek for Him with your whole heart.

Laura, 

Jesus Girl


Related posts:

Anxiety, Depression, and Saturation in God's Word

Finding Peace in Troubled Times

Rehearse the Right Lines! Speak God's Truth!

Anxious or Depressed?


5 comments:

  1. That’s a good message. Thank you for elaborating. No thing!!! Linda Tucker

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLA HERMANA: ¿ESTAS DEPRIMIDA? YO TAMBIEN..... MUCHAS COSAS PASAN EN NUESTRA FAMILIA ULTIMAMENTE, SI PASAS POR MI BLOG AHI TE ENTERARAS DE NUESTRAS ULTIMAS PENALIDADES, SUFRIMIENTOS, ANGUSTIAS, MUCHAS LAGRIMAS DERRAMADAS..... ALGUNAS COSAS SON DE HACE TIEMPO Y SIGUEN¿PERO QUE PODEMOS HACER? TODO ESTA DICHO,TODO YA ESTA ESCRITO EN NUESTRAS VIDAS, DIOS LO SABE TODO. MUCHAS COSAS LES ESTA PASANDO A LOS HIJOS DE DIOS EN DISTINTAS PARTES DEL MUNDO, SIENTO QUE DIOS NOS ESTA PROBANDO A VER HASTA CUANTO RESISTIMOS, EL QUIERE SABER DONDE ESTAMOS AFIRMADOS EN NUESTRAS VIDAS, SI EN LA ARENA O EN LA ROCA QUE ES CRISTO JESUS. ORARE POR TI Y TU ORA POR MI, NECESITO SEGUIR CREYENDO EN LA PALABRA DE DIOS Y EN SUS PROMESAS. BENDICIONES.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful and most needed post! I loved this. I'm a sensitive soul so anxiety and all the rest seem to be a problem when things don't go well; my mom having dementia and misbehaving etc. The lady you heard looks like she would be wonderful! I'm reading at present a book by John MacArthur called 'Anxious for Nothing, God's Cure for the Cares of Your Soul'. I heard him talk about it on the radio one day so I ordered a free copy and I'm so glad I did. I'm taking my time reading it just little by little, just really chewing on it. I've seen other books on the subject but this one is much better in my opinion, it's very Christ centered and actually helpful. : )

    God bless you Laura! It's a blessing to read your blog, it too is very helpful! ~Amelia at My Forest Cathedral blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amelia,
      Something else that you'll find helpful is to saturate yourself in the Word of God. A friend introduced me to YouVersion over ten years ago. I've listened to the Bible multiple times since then. The more you listen, the more your thoughts are changed. For me, it was easier to recognize stinking thinking and fight it early with the truth of God's word. I highly suggest it.
      Blessings,
      Laura

      Delete
    2. So true, Laura! : ) I read the Bible every morning, and am coupling my book on anxiety, doing my own Bible study on the scriptures. Listening audio is a great idea!

      Blessings! : ) ~Amelia

      Delete

Thank you so much for writing to me!
God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!
Contact me directly if you'd like to know more.
Laura Lane

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
7 Year Breast Cancer Survivor
Thank you Jesus!