Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Autumn is...



I love Autumn. It has long been my favorite time of year. We live in Carthage, the Maple Leaf City.

Fall means the Maple Leaf Festival and the biggest parade in the four states.

Fall means pumpkins! A few years ago, my family lived in the country and had a pumpkin patch. I loved everything about it. I loved seeing the baby pumpkins as they formed and grew. I loved harvesting them. I loved selling them and the craft items I'd made. The name Harvest Lane came from our farm, Harvest Lane Farm. I'd been Laura of Harvest Lane online for awhile; so, when we moved to town, we called our home Harvest Lane Cottage.

Autumn is fresh apple cider with mulling spices, chai latte tea, homemade cocoa, soup simmering on the stove, bread baking in the oven, the smells of pumpkin and cinnamon coming from my oven or my favorite candles.

Autumn is snuggling up with a good book while I listen to the rain falling outside.

Autumn is knitting a wheat gold sweater for my grandson.

Autumn means reading a few Christmas books before the Christmas rush begins.

Fall means planning for Christmas gifts, sneaking in a little Christmas music while I'm working, and 

creating for for friends and family.

What is fall to you?

Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage
Enjoying my favorite season




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing me back!

This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Laura Lane