Why's this recipe so much better than others I've tried? Could it be the two sticks of real butter? The four eggs? The real Hershey's and only Hershey's cocoa? Could it be slightly underbaking so that the brownies come out fudgy and moist? You'll just have to find out for yourself!
2 cups sugar
8 T Hershey's Cocoa
2 sticks (1 c) melted butter
4 eggs, beaten
1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup pecans or walnuts (optional)
This is a mix-by-hand recipe. It makes me feel old-fashioned and homey to get out a whisk, a wooden spoon, and my favorite mixing bowl.
- Whisk together the sugar and cocoa in a large mixing bowl. I always use a whisk because it helps the cocoa and sugar to combine without lumps of cocoa.
- Add the butter and mix it together. You can switch to a wooden spoon or large fork at this point if you wish.
- Add the eggs and stir until it's all combined well.
- Now add your flour. Mix it all up.
- Grab a spoon from the drawer and take a taste if you don't mind the raw eggs.
- Now, pour it into a 13x9 cake pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray or buttered generously.
- Sprinkle with nuts if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. They'll come out fudgy.
Now, you get to make the all-important decision.
Warm with ice cream?
Cool with homemade chocolate frosting?
The best recipe is on the back of the Hershey's Cocoa label.
You choose. You can't lose!
May I suggest?
May I suggest?
Craving Chocolate Now!