Sunday, February 24, 2013

Before and After ~ Mega Greek Salad

Before

After

Doesn't even look like the same salad does it?  It's fun to toss salads with my bright red salad tongs.  Red is my happy color.  

Dinner has changed around here.  We used to eat spaghetti with meat sauce and garlic toast.  Tonight, the main course was salad with just a little bit of spaghetti and garlic toast on the side.  Even the children are enjoying salads and veggies more than ever.  This is the Mega Greek Salad from The Ultimate Daniel Fast by Kristen Feola.  We didn't care for the dressing.  I made it up, and we tasted it.  The trouble is that none of us really like oil and vinegar or oil and lemon juice based dressings.  I've just got to find a homemade dressing that we like.  Ah well, the search will continue.

The salad itself was delicious.  I'll make it again.  Lowell's looking forward to enjoying the leftovers for lunch tomorrow.  Salads are my favorite part of eating more plant based foods.

Speaking of plants, some of Hubby's seedlings are coming up.  He's so excited. 
Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

Shared:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor