Saturday, November 29, 2008

I Thank God... Day 29


I thank God for seasons and celebrations in our lives. Our existence would grow rather hum-drum if we never celebrated anything. I told my daughter yesterday that Fall ends in December; but, we seem to have five seasons now rather than four. The Christmas season has been added to the basic four. I suppose it helps ease us into winter. Today, fall will disappear in my home to be replaced bit by bit with Christmas.

I did go shopping yesterday morning. There were a couple of items that I couldn't afford any other way. I went to our town's
Wal-Mart. Things didn't get crazy like in the city; but, one lady actually fainted. Perhaps it was the crowd. I got the two things that I needed; but, after reading about the deaths at Wal-Mart and Toys R Us, I don't think I want to participate anymore, regardless of the sale prices. It's just not worth it. What could shoppers have been thinking as they trampled that poor man at Wal-Mart? Will they enjoy their "bargains" purchased at the price of a man's life? I'm sickened by it.

God forgive us as a people and a nation for the shameful way that we have idolized the gifts and giving above all else. I wonder that the press hasn't renamed Your birthday, Buymuch. Forgive us for the Greed that Stole Christmas. Bless the families of the men who were killed. Heal their hearts, bring them close to You.

Laura
Thankful
That Not All
Have Forgotten
You in This Season

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it a horrible way to start the shopping season? Our WM had a fist fight between two women over a GPS unit. How nuts!

    I can't wait to see your decorations.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor