Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Simpler Christmas, a Calmer Mother.


Like a lot of families, we're cutting back this Christmas.

Santa does come to our house; but, he's just filling stockings this year. The children understand that the economy has affected Santa as well.


I'll be giving my children one nice gift. For us, a nice gift is in the $25 to $30 dollar range. Each year I spend a little more on one of them. They all know this; and, they're fine with it. They know I love them all and just need to spend a little more once in awhile to get that special something for one of them. It's a different child each year. It started with buying a Vision Forum Liberty doll for Emily. The next year it was a Vision Forum Evangeline doll for Amy. This year it is a ...oops! They read my blog sometimes!


This has greatly simplified my Christmas planning. I still hope to make something for each of the children. I've been cleaning off my sewing table; and I've got a few ideas. I've bought each of them something, with the exception of my 11 year old daughter. I am still clueless. ~smile~

I'll come up with something.


All this to say, I've greatly simplified giving this year. Extended family will all receive homemade gifts. I've bought a gift for my Honey and made him a gift, too.


A simpler Christmas is leading to a calmer Momma.


Laura

Happy at Home

1 comment:

  1. I sure can relate, times are tough, even for Santa, but life is good! May I suggest a handmade apron for your 11 yr. old, it's something she will treasure when she's older with kids of her own. I'm making my 7 yrs. old grand daughter one for when she helps mama in the kitchen. She even asked for one, she may take after me! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor