Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Something to Think About... Setting the Stage

~~~

Hey Y'all,

I've just read a wonderful post at The Blessed Nest about staging your home to prepare to sell it. Stacey is selling her home and explains what it means to stage it in such a warm, clear, inviting way. The photos of her home and her advice are worth the click! Here's the staging post. Here's the post about the steps to go through to get ready to sell.

So many folks are trying to sell their homes today. You need every little tip, hint, and prayer to sell yours. I was just thinking, why do we wait until we move to spruce up our nests? We've painted, decluttered, repaired, cleaned, and freshened up three houses in the last 8 years for sale. After they were ready, I always wondered why we waited so long. They were then such nice houses. We've rented our current home for a bit more than 2 years now. If we had painted when we moved in, we wouldn't be looking at flat white paint that gets dirty every time it's touched and can't be cleaned! Hmm...perhaps there's a lesson in this?

Just something to think about....

Blessings to you!
Laura

May I suggest...
A Few Ways to Enjoy Homemaking
There's No Place Like Home


8 comments:

  1. I like to think of my home as a temple to the Lord and I have always tried to keep it as tidy and fresh as I can. I am a bit messy by nature, so it's never been easy, but it's always been worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I never have to move again. Ha! I'm trying to do some "fluffing up" to my home. Trying to be more intention in making it a welcoming place to my family. It's easy to start fluffing when company is coming but I want my family to know they are important, too. ~Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean, Pamela. We're in a season when we cannot have company very often because of starting the business. I want my home to be more comforting when hubby does get home.
    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right! We have done the same thing... and we have said we need to change that... and we are little by little. There is something about the pressure that comes when deciding to move, that prompt us to much action though... Great post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Laura,
    There is a lesson in maintaining and fixing up :) I don't always succeed, but I do try, and it makes all the difference to my attitude and those of our family. It must all go back to the fact that God is orderly and makes things beautiful. We can be like Him to some degree, and it is worship!!

    I love your delightful and thought-provoking blog :D

    God bless you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed visiting your blog today, Jacqueline. Thanks for talking back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe it's getting all the stuff we don't really need packed away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely something to think about, my friend :) Thanks for the good advice and thanks for sharing with Roses of Inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor