Thursday, August 6, 2009

Am I a Farmgirl?

My friend, Caitlynn and her mom and sister put together the Farmgirl Fest. This is their second year. Last year we had a great time. Rain threatened and some folks and vendors were scared away. It turned out to be a pretty day! We're expecting it to be bigger and better this year.

Gayla commented about me being a farmgirl. Well, not exactly. I did just hear my rooster crow outside my window. I do have 7 hens. I don't have a farm, just a house on a big city lot with few close neighbors. When I got the chicks, I went next door to the only neighbor close enough to be bothered and talked with him about it. He was excited about it! He wants to buy eggs!

Speaking of eggs, We've had 3 this week! The first 3! Unfortunately, two of the eggs had a hole pecked in the end. I hope we're not going to have troubles. Any advice you all can give me about laying hens will be appreciated.

So, no, Gayla, I'm not a farmgirl per se. However, my Farmgirl Connection membership was just approved at Mary Jane's Farm. Does that count?

I'm registered as Laura of Harvest Lane.

Laura
Mother Hen

1 comment:

  1. I've been a farmgirl at MaryJanes for years, love it! It's a condition of the heart! I'll look for you there, you will love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor