Sunday, October 2, 2011

Searching for or Being a Virtuous Wife



"Who can find a virtuous wife?
For her worth is far above rubies."
NKJV

Who indeed?  As I think of my daughters, whom I am privileged to train up for the Lord, I wonder.  Who will be searching for a virtuous wife?  Will my future sons-in-law be willing to search and wait upon the Lord?  I pray they will.  Do you pray for your children's spouses?  Do.  It is every bit as important to pray for them as it is for your own children. 

Noah Webster's 1828 Dictionary defines virtuous:
  1. Morally good; acting in conformity to the moral law; practicing the moral duties, and abstaining from vice; as a virtuous man.
  2. Being in conformity to the moral or divine law; as a virtuous action; a virtuous life.
  3. The mere performance of virtuous actions does not denominate an agent virtuous.
  4. Chaste; applied to women.


How do we become virtuous?  
We must seek help from God and godly mentors.  This is a prayer that God wants to answer.  We must be transformed by the power of the washing of the Word.  We are changed by studying the Word.  We must ask the Lord what it looks like to him.  Ask him what he wants our lives to look like; then, repent as needed and ask him to empower us to become the virtuous women he desires.
Seek out older women who are living virtuous lives.  If you have daughters, you are an older woman.  You must seek God and be the virtuous woman to them.  If they see you do it, they will  believe it can be done.

Laura
Blessed
~~~~~
May I suggest?
~~~~~ 




 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor