Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Thoughts of Autumn and Fall


AUTUMN THOUGHTS

I love Autumn. It has long been my favorite time of year. We live in Carthage, the Maple Leaf City.

Fall means the Maple Leaf Festival and the biggest parade in the four states.
Fall means Farm Girl Fest.

Fall means pumpkins! A few years ago, my husband and I lived in the country and had a pumpkin patch. I loved everything about it. I loved seeing the baby pumpkins as they formed and grew. I loved harvesting them. I loved selling them and the craft items I'd made. The name Harvest Lane came from our farm, Harvest Lane Farm. I'd been Laura of Harvest Lane on-line for awhile; so, when we moved to town, we called our home Harvest Lane Cottage.

Fall is apple cider with mulling spices, chai tea, homemade from scratch cocoa, smoke from our wood stove, soup simmering on the stove, bread baking in the oven, the smells of pumpkin and cinnamon coming from my oven or my favorite candles.

Fall is snuggling up with a good book while I listen to the rain falling outside, thankful that my children are gathered around me.

Fall means walks with my children, looking for pretty leaves.

Fall means school in the park. We love setting up on a picnic table, enjoying the weather, and then playing when we're done, or during "recess".

Fall means planning for Christmas gifts, sneaking in a little Christmas music while I'm working, and creating for for friends and family.  

Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage
Looking forward to my favorite season.

~~~~~ 
May I suggest?
A Plain and Simple Christmas
~~~~~ 




Classical Homemaking

13 comments:

  1. Enjoy Autumn :)) I'm looking forward to spring and warmer weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall is one of my favorite seasons too and for all the reasons you mentioned :) I especially like the colors and crunchy leaves on nice, long walks...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I loved it! Come and link up!

    http://myjourneyback-thejourneyback.blogspot.com/2014/09/welcome-fall-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be right over!
    Thanks for the invitation Lynn.
    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be right over!
    Thanks for the invitation Lynn.
    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I just LOVE rainy fall days, curled up with a soft blanket on the porch, a good book, and some hot tea. Call me strange, but half the fun of fall for me is the cool break from our muggy MO weather - going out and getting cold just so I can enjoy wrapping up and being warm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree Anonymous in Missouri.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am excited for fall too! Pumpkins, cider, leaves :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes, oh, yes! I so love fall too! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful post! I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for linking! Have a great weekend. You Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All love all of those things that you mentioned!
    Happy fall. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor