Friday, November 30, 2012

Kringling At Harvest Lane Cottage this week.


Hello!

Just thought I'd share a little of what's happening at Harvest Lane Cottage this week:

A trip to the dentist...
enough said.
A trip to the library... 
We only go once a month or so.  Since we were in town to go to the dentist yesterday, we spent a couple of hours at the library.  While the kids were downstairs selecting their books and using the computers, I found a comfy chair and browsed through a tall stack of books to make my selections.  You guessed it, Christmas books.  Anyway, I glanced through this little book and thought I'd read the first couple of pages... well, maybe a few more... yes, I read the entire book!  It was soooo funny!  I couldn't laugh out loud in the library, but I did wave my hands a bit in excitement at just how good the story was.  I'm not going to do a review of this book, but you have to know it's the funniest book I've read in ages.  I stopped the girl shelving books and told her about it.  She took it home to read.  ~smile~  Just click through and check it out.  I cannot wait to read more from this author.
A little Kringling...
That's what I've started calling the time when I go in my room, lock the door, and sew, create, and wrap gifts.  I finished a little doll dress this week for my Amy's Evangeline doll.  It's got the cutest pumpkin print.  Alas, I couldn't wait to give it to her.  ~smile~  I've also wrapped lots of little presents that I've been collecting in my pasteboard gift boxes for months.
A little cleaning...
Hubby set the Christmas tree up for me last weekend.  I've been cleaning the living room really well to get ready to decorate it this weekend.  I think I'm going to rearrange the furniture.  It feels too cramped.  Well, I guess that's to be expected.  Our friends moved to Michigan this summer, and hubby bought their Christmas tree sight unseen.  He knew we needed a bigger tree, because we've filled ours to overflowing with yearly ornaments.  Well, I came home to find a tree that's about five feet wide at the base and seven feet tall!  It quite overwhelms our little living room.  Ah well, that's what Christmas does, isn't it?  We'll have plenty of room for all the ornaments I desire. ~smile~  So, I'm going to plan a little crafting time with my mother-in-love and make some new ornies.
A little sorting and decluttering...
Hubby also brought me some big bags full of fabric and notions to go through.  He's enabling my hobby and future etsy endeavors.  ~smile~  It took a couple of hours to sort through and prepare the things I didn't want for the thrift store donation.  I was a good girl and took them the same day.  Needless to say, there's no reason my little honey of a Singer shouldn't be humming next month.
Alittle snatch reading...
I love reading history.  This book is fascinating.


 

I'm looking forward to what I hope will be a quiet weekend of creativity.  What's going on in your cottage?
Laura
Creative and Happy at Home









~~~~~
May I suggest?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor