Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Don't Fret! Thanksgiving's Coming Quick

If you've not made your Thanksgiving week menu yet, perhaps you'll find something here to help you.  May God bless you as you focus on Him.

It's upon us again!  Thanksgiving week is one of anticipation, excitement, and work!  Are you feeling stressed about getting it all together for the big meal?  Now is the time to think it out and make some lists. BUT-- if you're making a turkey, go put it in the fridge right now.  No really, right now!  It takes at least three days in the fridge for my turkey to thaw.  I don't even want to remember what happened the time I didn't let it thaw long enough.  Ugh!  So go now.  I'll wait for you.  I'm doing it, too.  
All done?
Me too.
Note:  If you're reading this, and you've not got enough time for your turkey to thaw, you can thaw it in cold water in the sink, but keep changing the water regularly.  If it gets warm, it can lead to food poisoning.

My next step is to plan my menu for the next few days.

Menu for Thanksgiving Week 2014

Wednesday
Breakfast - Cereal
Lunch - Peanut butter sandwiches
Dinner - Canned Clam Chowder and Crackers
Dessert - Chocolate Icebox Pie

Thanksgiving
Breakfast - To be discussed with my husband
Dinner around 1:00
Turkey, German Apple Stuffing (hubby's favorite), Stove Top stuffing (kids' favorite), potatoes and gravy, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, black and green olives, homemade rolls, and whatever my eldest son brings ~smile~
Dessert - Pumpkin pie with Cool Whip and Pecan Pie

Friday
Breakfast – cereal or oatmeal
Lunch – Sandwiches or leftovers
Dinner – We'll be working at our restaurant, Royal Delights Cafe and Bakery.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Blessings,
Laura 
Thanking my Jesus at Home
~~~~~
May I suggest?
~~~~~

5 comments:

  1. Your Thanksgiving menu sounds just like the one I grew up with, Laura. Reminds me of my mother's kitchen. Happy Thanksgiving. ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Annie. Happy Advent.

    Blessings to you from our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ,

    Laura Lane
    Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am counting the days until the feast. Can't wait!! Thanks for sharing with SYC. Happy Thanksgiving to you!!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't have anything yet this morning for the feast. By evening, I was amazed. I was given a total of three turkeys, a big box of canned and boxed goods to make the dinner and dessert, and lots of other ingredients that make some of our family's special dishes. I've got to recheck all of my recipes, but I don't think I'm going to have to buy anything! Wow! God is amazing! I'm always in awe of how God speaks to people and lets them know the perfect time to help someone in need.

      Have a happy Thanksgiving!
      Laura

      Delete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor