Monday, April 13, 2015

My Daybook April 13, 2015

Join us at The Simple Woman!
Dear Ladies,
We are well into Spring here in Southwest Missouri. That means lilacs, rainy days, and 4H meetings. If you don't see me around here quite so much, it's because, with one vehicle, I'm the family driver. Please enjoy this peek into my daybook. May you have a beautiful week. 
God bless you!
Laura
~~~~~
Outside my window... 
 its a gorgeous rainy morning. I heard the rain dropping gently through the night. You know what they say, rain before seven, shine by eleven. We shall see if that happens today.

I am thinking...
 about the faithfulness of God. I was listening to Bible Gateway this morning. I enjoy listening while I am about other tasks.

I am thankful...
 that I was able to see a doctor last week. Thank you God!

I am creating...
 this blog post. ~grin~

In the kitchen...
 nothing's happening yet this morning. I expect I'll make eggs or oatmeal for breakfast. I think I'll make a simple throw together chicken soup for this lovely rainy day lunch. I'll use some leftover chicken, broth, and non-starchy veggies. 

I am going...
 to my study group tonight at church. We're studying Beauty by the Book.

I am reading...
 It's a really thick book.

I am hoping...
 for a smooth transition back into our school days.

I am learning...
 about the book of Daniel.

In my garden...
 my Amy planted some lovely lavender Creeping Phlox yesterday.

In our homeschool...
 back to the books this morning.

From the boardroom...
Follow Laura's board Pinned It Made It on Pinterest.
 
A favorite quote for today...
"Home is the nicest word there is."
Laura Ingalls Wilder
A peek into my day...
Penny
 One of my favorite things...
 Hershey's chocolate bars with almonds.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
  back to school.

Have a wonderful week!
Laura
Happy at Home

A favorite link... 
Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth







12 comments:

  1. Dear Laura, What a lovely cozy picture I had in my head after reading this post! May you have sunshine and gladness in all your days...
    Seed and rain and sunshine= A Harvest!
    Blessings to you!
    Hugs, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Roxy, You brighten my day every time you write. I've not been over for a few days. I'll be over for a visit soon.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great week! It is nice to start the day with the sentiments you shared!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, Hope your doctor visit was just a checkup, and your not sick..Praying for you.
    What a lovely post.. God is awesome. He makes the small things in life..so wonderful. and I love the way , you share them.
    School is starting back. I so admire you moms, that home school, I know that it requires a patience and understanding that only God can give. Do ya'll home school all year? Or do you have summer vacation? [I would NEED summer vacation.ha
    Have a blessed day. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful week ahead of you, with a great start! Your chicken soup sounded yummy! How exciting that spring is showing up in your area! Hope that the rest of your week is not too hectic :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dropping by the Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop (on Recipes for Our Daily Bread). The black and white drawing image is what caught my attention, and I'm glad it did.
    I grew up in Iowa and I remember 4-H! Thanks for sharing the beautiful quote.
    Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning, Laura! It's always a pleasure to "visit" with you and see what you have been up to :) I enjoyed the quote...home is such a wonderful, beautiful place.

    Thank you for sharing with Roses of Inspiration. May you have a lovely day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You make such cute things and take such terrific photos. I enjoy your blog, too Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have made me very nostalgic for my days as a young home schooling mother. I was blessed with a women's bible study where we studied and supported one anther's person growth, walk with the Lord, and our commitment to our family and marriage. It is wonderful to see someone who values the importance of mother in the home and the value of home schooling. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoy these posts Laura, thanks for sharing them with us at Good Morning Mondays. I like the little snippet into your heart and life. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  11. Laura, I always enjoy hearing what you are up to. Busy and frugal as always! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor