Monday, January 1, 2018

What Happened When I Asked God to Make it Clear Whether I Should Take Radiation Treatments

I saw the radiation oncologist early in December. He recommended that I do the radiation He said it's a grey area, but it is what he would do if he were me. If the cancer comes back, it would probably return in the chest wall, and that's a very difficult place to treat it.

I took a long time to say yes, in fact, I waited until my second appointment a couple weeks later when I asked more questions.  I had known since 5 o'clock the morning of the first appointment that the doctor would recommend the treatment, because God highlighted this scripture to me when I couldn't sleep.

 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”[a] So we may boldly say:“The Lord is my helper;I will not fear.What can man do to me?”
Grammatically, one should say I shall and man will. Since this is the King James English, the translator would have known that. By saying I will, and man shall, it is adding emphasis to show strength of will in the matter. It is a declaration. This was interesting, since it just came up in my regular Bible reading today as did James 1 which talks about asking God for wisdom and not wavering but believing He will give it. I think He gave it, but I wasn't ready to admit it. Final decision was made by the 18th. I began treatments on January 16, 2018.

I record this now just to remember.

God bless and thank you for praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor