Thursday, February 28, 2019

On My Needles... What I'm Reading... February 28, 2019


Hello!
 Another week of reading and stitching has passed. Life moves quickly, does it not? I finished Trim Healthy Mama Trim Healthy Table and Dying to Read this week. I was listening to my Kindle Fire read them both.


 I borrowed In Plain Sight by interlibrary loan. Between Two Shores is a review book which I really need to get finished soon. The black hat is the Alaska hat. The burgundy is the Tivoli hat. I bought that yarn at a yarn store east of Springfield called One City Market. I like to have a project going on both small and medium size needles. I don't really care for knitting with large needles. The cart keeper is from Knit Picks.

 These are some gifts from my knitting friend Laura.


This is a sock blank.
I'll be able to knit directly from it if I wish.

Circular and double pointed needles and some
notions, too.

There are a wide variety of sizes. I'm not sure if these were make in China or Japan or where, but their sizing is very different from here in the United States. Fortunately I have a little gauge to measure the sizes.


 Look at this  murmuration of blackbirds that paid us a pleasant visit a few days ago. We stopped everything to enjoy them.
 




I hope you find time for creativity. It is relaxing and gratifying to make things yourself. Be blessed!

Laura





5 comments:

  1. I was just thinking of you today!!!!!!!!
    If we were neighbors, we could sit on the porch and read together. : )
    As it is, and miles separate us, I will think of and pray for you!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do wish we lived closer. I'm sure we would have fun.

      I talked to the nurse practitioner today. I found out the pain and fatigue I have is from the cancer pill I take. She suggested that I try turmeric. I'm going to try it.

      Thank you for caring and praying for me.
      Hugs,
      Laura

      Delete
  2. We have seen lots of black birds here in SC, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the first time we saw them here on the property like that. It was exciting.
      Blessings,
      Laura

      Delete
    2. We don't see them very often but alwats marvel at how they fly when we do.

      Delete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor