Friday, March 1, 2019

Thrifty Things Lately at Harvest Lane Cottage # 136

~~~~~
♥♥♥
~~~~~
Thrifty Things Lately at Harvest Lane Cottage!

~~~~~
♥♥♥
~~~~~
Hey Y'all,
  It's been a fun week for me. I've spent some time with family and friends, enjoyed worship at church, read, and knit a bit. I got to go on an overnight business trip with my husband. I got in a little extra knitting and napping while he worked. Can't complain about that! I'm easy to take along since I wait patiently. ~smile~ 
~~~~~
♥♥♥
~~~~~
Here's how my family has been thrifty lately.


~ I did not buy yarn at the fiber guild's trunk show, because I had just bought yarn for the Alaska hat the previous week.




~ I did not go into the tiny yarn shop we found outside Kirbyville. I knew I would feel obligated to buy something since it was such a small shop. But next time we go that way maybe I will stop.

~ A friend bought us lunch while Lowell and I were in Branson. 

~ We received a discount on our hotel room.

~ Free shipping on the ChiaoGoo needles I ordered from Amazon with credit I earned filling out surveys.

~ I didn't order pizza when I wanted to.

~ I used a coupon and bought queso at Moes for less than $2 on knit night.

~ $2 cheeseburger 🍔 on half price burger night at Sonic yum!




~ We sorted books and did a little real estate investing by giving a lot away. 


This was the couch I bought for $100 with Christmas money.
You know who you are. Thank you!
That's my thrifty week.

What are you doing in your home this week?

~~~~~
♥♥♥
~~~~~
"Commit your works to the LORD,
And your thoughts will be established."
Proverbs 16:3
~~~~~
♥♥♥♥

May you find peace and joy this week 
regardless of  your situation.

ღLauraღ
...doing what I can with what I've got
where I am on a short shoestring budget!

~~~~~
♥♥♥
~~~~~







~~~~~
♥♥♥
~~~~~

15 comments:

  1. Your post is inspiring! Lots of blessings to count.

    "What are you doing in your home this week?"

    Hopefully, resting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I love your thrifty ideas. I'm glad you enjoyed a little get-a-way! Have a great weekend, we may get to build a snowman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No snowman, but I did collect one cup of snow and made a tiny batch of snow ice cream.

      Delete
  3. We lived overseas in two countries as missionaries so we have learned to live without a lot and live well. We have been back to the US where there is
    abundance of EVERYTHING. Even shopping at thrift stores and yard sells, one can accumulate too much. So this past week I decided to get rid of my too much. I once again have some bare place on my book shelf and at this point I don't feel the need to fill them up again. Another good thing as I was going through the shelves I came across a magazine that stirred me again and I wrote about it, great, inspiration can come from stirring the nest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Betty,
      I am so pleased to hear from you. Getting rid of your too much. That's a great way to phrase it. I am going to come and see you at your blog home. Have a truly scrumptious week!
      Laura

      Delete
  4. Good post. Sometimes the best way we can be thrifty is by saying NO. I have a new "rule" I use- is that is want, a need, or a necessity? I usually say NO to the "wants". I have so much stuff already that it is hard to add more to the mix...and I need to start selling some things to downsize.

    I hope you have a great weekend! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Nana. No is a great word!
      Good wishes in your downsizing.

      Delete
  5. that you for your post that inspiring me.
    have a great day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Tanza, what a pretty name! Thank you so much for writing back. May you find lots of ways to be thrifty this week.
      Sincerely,
      Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

      Delete
  6. So exciting to have a night away :) and I always love to eat hamburgers when we are travelling too. You always inspire me with how you strive to be thrifty. This week I've been harvesting a lot of lettuce, picking our apples and zucchini, which I was able to share with my Mum and Dad. Have a great week Laura. ~ Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Linda! Good day to you. I'm hoping to plant some lettuce soon. Our apples are always small and wormy. I'm not sure what to do about it, but I think we may be moving before they are ripe. I've had so many years of living on a low income, I still think thrifty most of the time. I have a hard time decluttering, because I can always think of something to do with everything!
      Enjoy your week.
      Laura

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Hey Michelle,
      I think spring is coming. I saw some crocus in the park this week.
      Be blessed!

      Delete
  8. It is so nice to have some time away with hubby! I did manage to take two large boxes of magazines to our library; they put them in bunches during book sales. They were difficult to part with because I'm such a book/magazine hoarder. But it felt good to rid myself of them and once the weather warms up (yes, in Michigan, it will warm up eventually:) I hope to box up two more along with some books and you have certainly inspired me to keep going!
    I love the couch too! looks so comfy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like you made good progress Sharon. Good for you! Thanks for writing, and may your winter come to an end soon.

      Delete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor