Friday, April 12, 2019

Thrifty Things Lately at Harvest Lane Cottage #139

~~~~~
♥♥♥
~~~~~
Thrifty Things Lately at Harvest Lane Cottage!

~~~~~
♥♥♥
~~~~~


Hello! 

 I feel like I just wrote about this a couple days ago! How is time moving so quickly? It seems like there's always so much to do and not enough time to do it. We are planning to make a big purchase soon, so I need to start being extra thrifty. But, my husband is also having knee surgery on Monday. So, it will be hard to be thrifty about food. I'll have to give it some thought. 

Here's how my family has been thrifty lately
  • I'm listening to Little Women for free on Scribd. (Using my link will give you two free months and me one free month.)
  • I picked up an audio book from the library that I'd forgotten was on my request list. It's about how habits are formed and changed. I must listen to it in the car since I do not currently own a CD player.
  • Eggs were cheap. I bought three dozen. Amy made egg salad for lunch one day. Always a money saver. 
  • I'm knitting a hat using some yarn my friend gave me for charity knitting. Thanks Beth!
  • I shopped at Aldi. I always save money there.
  • I passed up the candy bars. Not a small feat since I was shopping hungry. (Never a good idea!)
  • $2 cheeseburger 🍔 on half price burger night at Sonic yum!
  • $2 off coupon for Moe's by filling out a survey
  • Since I go to Moe's every week to knit with friends, I signed up for their rewards program. Most weeks I spend less than $3, but it will eventually add up.
  • My husband's friend wired up our car window. It was down and wouldn't go up. It needs an expensive thingamajig to fix it. This will work for now.
  • We were able to turn off the heat. It's getting chilly this weekend, though, so it may come back on. 
  • We decluttered our games and gave away quite a few. 
  • Invited a friend for some thrifty chicken and dumplings using chicken leg quarters. I served it with mashed potatoes.
    That's it for now.
    How about you?

    ~~~~~
    ♥♥♥
    ~~~~~
    "The name of the LORD is a strong tower, the righteous run into it and are safe."
    Proverbs 18:10
    ~~~~~
    ♥♥♥♥

    ღLauraღ
    ...doing what I can with what I've got
    where I am on a short shoestring budget!

    P.S.
    Find something to smile about today!

    Bad day?
    Pray then act like it's a great day.

    It makes a big difference!






    Classical Homemaking


    4 comments:

    1. Good for you on the savings and freebies. I find chicken and mashed potatoes with any kind of veggie is a good cheap comfort meal for any one. Most people love it!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Love that it is again time for cheaper eggs. I made an Aldi run as well - got some good deals.
      Prayers for quick healing for your husband.

      ReplyDelete
    3. You did well this week. I appreciate that you log your week for us, it's really encouraging.

      ReplyDelete
    4. I just have to share this one. Our Rite Aid has been getting rid of their stock for the switch over to Walgreens, and we have been getting amazing deals - 70% off! We were able to stock up on expensive items like Metamucil, vitamins, etc. Each time we would go in, they would give us a 30% off coupon for the upcoming Walgreens switchover. Well, that happened yesterday, and we took advantage of their grand opening sales AND used the 30% off the entire purchase! We got 8 bars of Dial soap, three new Colgate toothbrushes, 2 gallons of purified water, a 24 pack of bottled water, a bag of M&M's, a candy bar, pair of L'eggs panty hose (regularly $6.79), TWO bottles of Purex detergent, a large bag of Dorito's, and a Hot Wheel for a total of - are you ready for this? $18.29!!!! We were SO thankful for God's provision and for Him even throwing in some "luxuries," too!! He is SO good and so faithful and cares about the tiniest details of our lives!

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

    I read all comments and appreciate them.
    Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

    God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

    Your blog friend,
    Laura Lane
    5 Year Cancer Survivor