Sunday, August 11, 2019

Thrifty Things Lately at Harvest Lane Cottage #141



Hey y'all!

I hope you're seizing the day as school time and fall approach. I'm going visiting this next week with dear friends who've moved several hours away. I'll be back here in about a week.

Let's catch up a bit shall we? Here are some of the thrifty things we've done lately.

🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼

~ A friend bought me queso at my knit night. Thanks Missy!

~ I'm knitting socks using the Fish Lips Kiss Heel pattern that I bought for just a $1.00.


~ I'm using sock yarn given to me by my friend Shelly last summer. Thanks Shelly.

~ I've been eating at home nearly all the time.






~ I've been cooking from scratch.

~ We've been harvesting lots and lots of cucumbers from the garden. We froze some in chunks to add to smoothies this fall. Thanks Amy!

~ Our date night consisted of a shared Sobe Life Water, a bag of bbq pork rinds, a couple bags of peanuts, and a nice drive through the countryside. Yep, I was a cheap date.

~ I've been borrowing books I want to read from the library through their inter-library loan program.

~ I used groceries on hand with just a few items to supplement.

~ Free line dancing lessons at church taught by my friend
Regina. Thanks Regina!

~ My daughter, Emily, and I went on a heart-to-heart coffee shop date. I ordered a small iced tea. It was just $1.50 versus $5.00.

~I bought a half price cheeseburger at Sonic on knit night. No bun, extra lettuce, pickles, onions, ketchup and mayonnaise. I ate it with a fork and didn't miss the bun $2.


~I've bought and cooked lots of eggs at fifty-eight cents a dozen.


The biggest money saver has been lots of cooking from scratch as I add more veggies and cut sugar and breads. It's helping me feel better, too.

🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼

As you can see, we've had many blessings lately.
God is so good.
Praise God!

What have you done this week?

Laura
Blessed to be a blessing






8 comments:

  1. "...and a nice drive through the countryside."

    This sounds wonderful!

    Are you doing low carb?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Laura! We're unable to be thrifty due to living in hotels while waiting for our future house to be completed and then we'll close. I (like you) am wanting to cook and eat at home so it's getting old not having the ability to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those 58 cent eggs are on the menu quite a bit here too! we have tomatoes coming out our ears but that is a godd problem to have We had to make a $2700 car repair last week. OUCH is all I can say. We are a one car family so we were home for 2 1/2 days and that kept us from spending much else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are eating almost exclusively out of the garden and it sure does help the bottom line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great week! I wish you success with the low carb style of eating. I can do it for a few days, and then it's back to way too many carbs for me. I wish I could stay focused. My hubby has maintained a 50 lb weight loss for years by eating this way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello lovely friend!
    Your meals look delicious.
    I too have been planning and cooking more at home.
    It gives me a sense of happiness and comfort as well as saves money!
    Always a joy to visit you here. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your socks. Those eggs were very cheap. A good bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh I'm drooling Laura and your thrifty things are great! My thrifty week from last week include:
    Making granny squares from yarn given to me from a friend
    Another friend is helping me with a quilt from fabric from her stash
    Meals for the week came from the preschool where my daughter works because they would have tossed it. The cooks always leave leftovers labeled for her.
    I also got two skirts, several tops and a dress for free at one of a local church in town at their clothing giveaway that they do every three months.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor