MY WINTER BUCKET LIST
It's a new year! I choose to rejoice in living regardless of what is going on around me. Does that mean my life is great? No, not necessarily. I'm recovering from breast surgery again. That's four years in a row. Thanks cancer. BUT GOD! He is faithful, and He has taken me through it all and brought me out happier and stronger.
Thank you for real Jesus!
I wrote this list to help me focus on the little things that bring me joy.
What will you put on your list?
- X Write my Winter Bucket List.
- X Write my Winter Reading List.
- X Put the Christmas tree away
- X Put away the Christmas decorations
- X New Year's Eve with friends
- X Attend a friend's wedding
- X Attend a baby shower
- X Review a book
- X Smile and spread good cheer
- X Curl up with a terrific book
- X Try a new drink at the coffee shop ~ Charcoal mocha
- X Enjoy candle light
- X Make chili
- X Knit a pair of socks for a gift
- X Try a new tea ~ Honey Chamomile from Celestial Seasoning
- X Knit a bit while enjoying an old movie
- X Help Emily and Amy practice hospitality
- X Make snow ice cream ~ First we need a decent snow!
- X Celebrate my son's 30th birthday
- X Knit three hats to donate to the children's center and pray for the children
- X Spend an afternoon with a book and a candle
- X Invite friends for dinner
- X Try a new low carb recipe
- X Manicure
- Knit a pair of child size gloves to donate
- X Worship Jesus under the winter stars
- Get dog's nails clipped... I put it on here 'cause it's needed to be done. I tried, she was too scared.
- X Read an evening away with a good book ~ The Indebted Earl by Erica Vetch
- Train my little dog to window shop
- Sew some little zipper bags
- Finish my daughter's quilt ~ It's packed somewhere! Yikes gotta find it!
- Use my teapot—white sprinkled with cherries
- X Double feature movie night ~ Fiddler on the Roof was so long, I'm counting it!
- Knit a ear warmer headband for Emily. I am harvestlanelaura on Ravelry.com.
- X Try a new soup ~ Cranberry beans and ham hocks. I think I'll stick to navy and northern beans
- X Lunch out with a friend ~ Enjoyed time with my friend Laura
- Gaze into the fire in our backyard fire pit.
- X Complete my winter reading list! Abandoned a book or two.
...doing what I can with what I've got where I am
on a short shoestring budget!
You might also enjoy...