Monday, November 8, 2021

Happy Homemaker Monday November 8, 2021

 



♥♥ The Weather ♥♥ 
Beautiful this week. 75 today and 50's and 60's this week.

♥♥ How I am feeling ♥♥
I am well. Busy busy in the kitchen as I begin a one week no cheat Trim Healthy Mama challenge. I'm also finishing up my 21 day salad a day challenge on Instagram. Check me out at @lauraofharvestlane and #harvestlanecottage.

♥♥ On my mind ♥♥ 
I'm looking into getting a substitue teacher's certificate. Years ago I got my BA in Education. It's a way I could make a little extra money next year without the commitment of full-time work. I need to be available to my husband, my family, and I also want to be available to others. I would appreciate prayer about this. I'm not 100% sure if this is the way God is leading me, but it seems so. Next step is finger printing and a background check. ~grin~ Hope nobody's been using my fingerprints. I'd hate to find myself singing carols in the jail! Giggle!

 ♥♥ My breakfast ♥♥
This morning I had pineapple oatmeal. Tomorrow, if all goes well, it will be eggs baked in a muffin tin. I'm loosely following a menu this week from Sarah at My Montana Kitchen.
 

♥♥ Right now I am ♥♥
Sitting across from my husband. We use our glassed in back porch for an office. Our desks face each other with the steps into the house between us. He's working on a presentation for tomorrow. I've been doing my nails, computer work, and commenting on a few blogs.

♥♥ I'm wearing ♥♥
My gray t-shirt dress. It's a little on the short side for me. It comes just below my knees. It's super comfortable though.
 

♥♥ On my reading pile ♥♥ 
The book of Hebrews by Paul the Apostle  I am listening on Bible.com. That app has changed my life. I have read and listened to the Bible several times since I started using it almost ten years ago.

Home Sweet Tiny Home by Melody Carlson is on my bookshelf

The Debutant's Code by Erica Vetsch one of my favorite authors ~ I just downloaded this book to my Kindle Fire today.

The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian is my current Scribd audiobook. Get 2 months free by clicking my link.

 ♥♥ On the to do list ♥♥
  • Lots of cooking
  • Sock knitting for Christmas
  • Planning for the next few weeks and the holidays
  • Finger printing
  • Continue my Fall Bucket List

 ♥♥ On my tv ♥♥
  • Carribean Life on Discovery+
  • Old Christmas movies
  • Homemaking and Trim Healthy Mama videos on YouTube.
♥♥ On the menu this week ♥♥

Monday - Deconstructed bean and brown rice burritos and salad
Tuesday - Ham sandwich on Joseph's bread with veggies
Wednesday - Shrimp Alfredo
Thursday - Sweet and sour chicken with brown rice
Friday - Low carb broccoli cheddar soup
Saturday - Philly Cheesesteak stuffed peppers
Sunday - Pepperoni pizza casserole


♥♥ From the camera ♥♥

One of the zillion salads I've eaten in the last 21 days

♥♥ Looking around the house ♥♥
Dishes waiting to be washed. Shhh don't tell!  

♥♥ To relax this week, I will ♥♥
Read, watch a little tv with hubby, and knit socks.      

♥♥ On my prayer list ♥♥ 
Friends with serious illnesses:
Deborah
Pete
Rodney
Rich
Ann

Hope you have a wonderful week!
Laura

P.S. I'm linking with Diary of a Stay at Home Mom

13 comments:

  1. WOW LAURA, PARECE QUE TIENES TODO EL DIA OCUPADO, NO TE ESTRESES AMIGA, JAJAJAJA. SI ES EL PLAN DE DIOS LO QUE QUIERES HACER, ESO SERA, HAY QUE ORAR Y ESPERAR LA GUIA DE DIOS PADRE. TAMBIEN ESTOY TEJIENDO MUCHO PARA REGALAR EN NUESTRA FIESTA DE FIN DE AÑO, GUANTES SIN DEDOS, MEDIAS, CANASTAS DE TELA PARA PONER EL PAN, FRASCOS DECORADOS, TENGO MUCHAS IDEAS EN MI MENTE, TENGO MUCHA FAMILIA EXTENDIDA QUIERO COMPLACERLOS CON UN OBSEQUIO A CADA UNO, QUE DIOS ME AYUDE JAJAJAJA, AMO CREAR CON MIS MANOS. DEBORA DE MOUNTAIN MUSING, PERDIO A SU MAMA HACE UNOS DIAS ATRAS, TENIA 93 AÑOS, ESTOY ORANDO POR ELLA Y SU FAMILIA, ¿PUEDES ORAR TAMBIEN? CUANDO TE SOBRE ALGO DE TIEMPO, PASA POR MI BLOG. BENDICIONES DULCE HERMANA¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura, I followed you on Instagram. Your salad pics look delicious. I think substitute teaching might be fun. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Penny. I'll have to look for you on Instagram. What is your name there?

      Delete
  3. Good luck with your certification. I love subbing though I only work at a small private preschool. School district subs are in super high demand though. Hope you have a wonderful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jean,
      Thank you for the encouragement. I've not subbed since 1986. I know things will be different. Perhaps it's time. God will work it all out if it is to be.
      Blessings,
      Laura

      Delete
  4. I like that you are considering subbing. Think what a difference you might make in a child's life with a kind word of encouragement that they may never hear at home. Yay you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lana. It's rather ironic after homeschooling for over 25 years!

      Delete
  5. Hi Laura!
    Definite prayers about the teaching thing. Good teachers - even substitutes - are such a blessing!!
    I need to find you on insta and check out this salad situation. I love salads but not sure about 21 days of them! Lol
    Blessings on the rest of your week. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You would be a wonderful substitute teacher! I know they are sorely needed right now in our area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Debbie. It seems odd after over a quarter of a century homeschooling!

      Delete
  7. Hi Laura~

    I think that a good substitute teacher is worth their weight in gold! I know that right now, with so many shortages, you would be such a blessing.

    Autumn will soon be over, and like you I still have so much to accomplish on my, Fall Bucket List! I'm ready to start watching old Christmas movies as well, they just make my heart smile!

    Have a great week-end!

    Blessings,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb,
      I've been away from the computer for a few days.
      Do you have any favorite old Christmas movies?
      I like The Bishop's Wife and Christmas in Connecticut both from the '40's.
      Blessings to you!
      Laura

      Delete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor