Sunday, February 12, 2023

Hey Y'all!

 I've slipped away from my husband and the Super Bowl to write y'all a quick note. I've been terribly remiss as a blogger. The more I substitute teach, the less I do of everything I want to do. The energy just gets used up at school. Some days I just want to take a nap when I get home, and some days I do. I'm trying to decide if this is the way I want to go. I do enjoy the kids and the other teachers at the grade school I usually work at, but it is not easy for me. I just haven't had as much energy as I did before cancer, treatments, and C*v*d. It is nice to have a bit of extra money coming into the house, but I wonder how much we really gain from it. If I had children at home, it certainly wouldn't be worth it. But now, at 57? I'm just not sure. I don't do it only for the money. I could make far more working fast food or any other job. I believe it's probably the lowest paid job in our area. But I do love the freedom of not working if I have appointments, plans or I just don't feel good. I also try to stay home on rainy days. I love rainy days. 

Anyhow, I do apologize for being absent so much. I know I need to get back to writing my thrifty posts, my encouraging posts, and I also need to set up an email list, because I understand y'all aren't getting notified of my posts anymore. All things to add to my to do list. ~smile~ When I hit publish, I'm going to start a Laura Lately post with some of the thrifty things on it that I've been doing. Then, just maybe, I'll be able to start my Thrifty Week posts again. Another thing I think I'm going to start doing is sharing some of my oldies but goodies posts. 

Well, all for now. I'm going to start that post then get back to the game!

Blessings, 

Laura

who will be with second graders Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor