Saturday, December 16, 2023

Don't Blow Your Budget!

Banana bread from my oven


Many of us are called upon to give small gifts in exchanges at the office, with friends, at a club or party... the list goes on and on. Many of these gifts are supposed to be $5 or $10.

Why not shop in the comfort of your home—from your home? Go on a treasure hunt. We all have things that are nice that we don't really use. These would make a perfect gift to help round out your shopping list. Don't be shy about it, either. This year thrifty is in!

You're not a grinch if you are blessing from your stash. My stash includes things bought on sale through the year, yard and thrift store finds, and things that I've made. I also love to give gifts from the kitchen.

One of my friends, Joyce, often says, "Do with what you got."

Blessings to you all!
Laura
Keeping Jesus as the Center of my Season

11 comments:

  1. You're right. This year has been a bit easier than usual because none of our small circle of friends has exchanged gifts here. When we were in Spokane we had lots more small groups we were part of and we were both working. I agree about using things around the house or homemade items. One of the best things I did was knit sets of three dishcloths and packaged them nicely. That was always a hit with the ladies.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my favorite shower or wedding gifts is a set of knit or crocheted dishcloths and a big bottle of Dawn dish soap. It's always appreciated and practical for everyone!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful advice and I whole heartedly agree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you have that Pampered Chef pan for the mini loaves. I had that years ago when I was selling and loved it! I've decided to give blogging a trial run again. I've missed everyone! Hope you're enjoying this cozy season, my friend! Your bread looks yummy. Think I'll bake something today too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Sunday now. My husband is baking honey oat bread to go with jars of my homemade jam for Christmas gifts for clients. I'll head over to your blog. I've missed reading it.

      Delete
  4. It does not hurt to do this in same instances.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor