Friday, December 15, 2023

The Legend of the Candy Cane ~ Author Unknown

 Once upon a time…


a candy maker created the perfect candy to symbolize the true meaning of Christmas.

It was the candy cane. 


The white stripes would stand for the purity of Christ and his virgin birth.

The red stripes would signify the pain and death Jesus endured on our behalf.

The hook shape would also be a reminder to all people of the name Jesus & his role as Good Shepherd.


~ Author Unknown~

Enjoy a candy cane or share the story today!

Laura

Happy Christmas!



Shared at The Homemaking Party

3 comments:

  1. I love to share this story with my Junior Church kiddos but have not done so in a while - thanks for the reminder! I will share it with them this year:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always thought this story was a great one to tell children. But adults need to hear it too. Thanks for the reminder.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, my dear friend. And I absolutely love my daily candy cane! Enjoy this blessed day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for writing me back!

This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Laura Lane