Sunday, April 14, 2024

Yarned and Dangerous by Sadie Hartwell



  I just finished Yarned and Dangerous by Sadie Hartwell. Cozy mysteries are my favorite light reading. This was a new to me author and series. I really liked the premise of this little story. It was a touch different than other cozies that I've read which is of course very nice. It wasn't set in a picturesque little town, but rather, in a small town with a dead and/or dying main street. Although it was set in Connecticut, it could have been in any one of the many small towns like those here in Missouri and throughout the country. I liked the characters—well, most of them. There always has to be someone you love to hate. ~smile~

The writing is seamless. I quickly quit seeing words on a page and moved into the story itself. My old writing teacher used to say, "Show me, don't tell me." Sadie Hartwell shows. Was it a classic to be? No, but what it did, it did quite well. I especially liked the interaction between the generations. Great set up novel for a new series.

Four stars. I liked it better than most cozies that I've read. It's pretty clean. No inappropriate relationships, bad language etc. There was wine served in one scene and beer in another. It wasn't the focus of the scene. 

I borrowed this through my library. It is also available as an ebook through Everand.


Have a wonderful week!

Laura


2 comments:

  1. THe book sounds great. Cozy mysteries are my favorite too. I read most of my books on the Libby app from our library but they don't seem to have many that I like right now. I'll have to check and see if this one is in the library.
    Thank you for the recommendation.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura,
    I’m visiting from. Cheryl's blog. Thanks for the cozy book recommendation.
    Mary in OK

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor