Friday, September 25, 2015

Snuggling Up With a Good Book


I love Christmas books all year round.  I start listening to Christmas music in September whenever the mood strikes.  It's great nesting, baking, crafting music.  Christmas novels just make me feel like snuggling under a warm blanket and relaxing.  If it's cold enough for a blanket, it's close enough to Christmas for a good story. Maybe it's a bit early for you, but be on the lookout for some good books to read with your family this year. We add a new picture book every year. My kids at home are 14, 16, and 18. Last year they unanimously agreed to continue this tradition. That's what makes a tradition — the desire to keep it!

There are many wonderful Christmas books. Here are a few of the Christmas books our family enjoys:

The Advent Book by Jack and Kathy Stockman
One Wintry Night by Ruth Bell Graham
The Very First Christmas by Paul Maier
The Pine Tree Parable by Liz Curtis Higgs
Annika’s Secret Wish by Beverly Lewis
A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey by Susan Wojclechowski
Tell Me the Story by Max Lucado and Ron DiCianni


A few books for you...
Where Treetops Glisten by Tricia Goyer, Carol Putman, Sarah Sundin
The Women of Christmas by Liz Curtis Higgs
A Wreath of Snow by Liz Curtis Higgs
The Christmas Lamp by Lori Copeland
A Plain and Simple Christmas by Amy Clipston
A Christmas Gift for Rose by Tricia Goyer
The Christmas Singing by Cindy Woodsmall
The Christmas Scrapbook by Phillip Gully
Naomi's Gift by Amy Clipston

Have yourself a merry little Christmas a little early this year!
Laura
So Blessed to Believe


~~~~~
This post has been featured at 
Susie's Christmas Cottage.
~~~~~


Homemaking Party

14 comments:

  1. I agree with you. Christmas stories are cozy and warm. But I'm a little bit of a Scrooge when it comes to Christmas. I enjoy it, but only in very small doses. I can't do the "year round" thing. So I save my Christmas stories to read only between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I have found that it helps get me in the Christmas spirit so I'm not so bah-humbug-ish. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this list of books! I'm insessed with Christmas and with reading, and I hadn't heard of most of these. I listen to Christmas music all year round and I feel like this time of year I have an excuse ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, you are SO like me...ha I just love Christmas and the cool weather gets me ready for it.
    My husband laughs at me, because I get so anxious to see Christmas movies /books. I think I watch , It's A Wonderful Life about 4-5 times during the season..One of my favorite movies..
    Have fun cuddling under the warm blankets and enjoy the books. I will have to check at the library for some of those books.. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your Christmas reading and baking and all that good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Laura. A tradition I miss from my children's youth. I'm adding a link back to this post from my Christmas blog,Susie's Christmas Cottage@ blogspot.com.

    One of my children's favorites was Christmas at the Tomten's Farm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. {Laura, Laura, Laura}--to early for Christmas (all in good jest, humor and smiles and giggles)---What a lovely photo you take, friend. Thanks for sharing. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely understand, Karla. I just find they give me a little boost to get in the gift making spirit, too. I also have way too many to read in December alone. ~smile~ To each her own. I'll be over to your blog for a visit in a few minutes. Blessings to you!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love everything Christmas too Laura. What a great list. I'm off to see how many I can find on Booktopia! Love, Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laura, What a lovely tradition!

    Even at 55, I love children's picture books! I crawl into the pictures. I am so excited to now have a precious granddaughter who is six months old, and although we are reading and "eating" books, lol, I look forward to many, many quiet moments with her reading books.

    Thanks for sharing your book list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still love children's books! I use to buy a new one each year as well. I have a few on your list. Don't buy one every year anymore, just if I happen to find one that I can't leave behind. We still buy a new game every year though. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do you have Apples to Apples Jann? My kids enjoy it. I'd like to buy Balderdash.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor