Welcome to another thrifty week at Harvest Lane Cottage. I am glad you've found me! Each week I share my thrifty and frugal projects, ways of saving money, and my blessings from God.
I am so glad you dropped in for a visit today—or tonight!
It's been a spring-like week here in southern Missouri. Seventies and eighties all week! I've seen crocus, daffodils, trees budding, and a tulip tree in full bloom! Folks around here are saying it's spring, but I remember well over a foot of snow in March! I remember it snowed once in May! It's Missouri. Anything can happen. But... No More Tornadoes! Joplin was enough.
Here's my thrifty week or two!
Just for the record...I hate all the I, I, I, but I haven't figured out how to write the list without it. ~smile~
- I enjoyed reading a book for review—The Elusive Miss Ellison by Carolyn Miller.
- I cooked fried chicken thighs for dinner. The package was marked $1 off, so I only paid $2.27. There were six thighs for my family of five. Yes. We would all have liked a second piece of chicken, but with veggies, it was an adequate meal. Sometimes we can save by simply limiting our meat portions.
- I bought antiperspirant, shampoo, conditioner, and toothpaste at the dollar store.
- I put orange peels in vinegar to make cleaner.
- My husband went shopping at a discount store. He bought a really nice, $46 dress shirt for $2.99! He also bought a $279 black suit jacket for $27.90!!! His thriftiness far outweighed mine!
- I made cowboy beans. Super cheap meal!
- I made a new dish for dinner this week. It was thrifty since I used free gift chicken from the freezer and my husband made the seasoning from spices on hand.
- A friend sent me a couple boxes of books. I kept some and gave some to a friend. Thanks Karla.
- I altered a blouse my husband bought for me.
- About four cubic feet feet of real estate cleared. I took some things to the local shelter
Well, that's my thrifty week.
What are you doing in your home this week?
...doing what I can with what I've got
where I am on a short shoestring budget!
Mommy Moments Amaze Me Monday - Living Proverbs 31 - Mommy Monday
Savvy Southern Style Homestead Blog Hop Christian Blogger Link Up Raising Homemakers - A Wise Woman Builds Her Home Fluster's Creative Muster - Wow Us Wednesday - Wonderful Wednesdays - Making a Home
Home and Garden Thursday - Share Your Cup Thursday
Imparting Grace - Sitting Among Friends - No Rules Weekend Blog Party
Friday Home Matters