Tuesday, April 22, 2008

More Strawberries!

I found strawberries on sale again for $1.78 a quart; so, last night we had strawberry shortcake. I love that about April and May! I'm hoping to go berry picking in May or June; but for now, I'm glad to get them at the store.

I put my 6 year old daughter, Amy, and her 7 year old friend, Julia, at the kitchen table with a pile of strawberries and a big bowl. They cut, talked, and ate strawberries to their hearts content. When they were done, I added sugar, stirred, and placed the bowl in the fridge until dinner. Meanwhile, my ten year old daughter made a nice yellow cake to serve with our berries. Yum!
Easy and Delicious!

I'm glad you dropped by!
God bless you!
Enjoy your week, and
Eat some Strawberries!

Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage
Happy at Home

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor