Sunday, March 15, 2009

Blessed Among Women in My Own Generation

~~~~~

Love, it's what makes the world go 'round, or so they say. Who are they? I wonder. Perhaps it is. After all, the Bible states that God is Love. A scientist might say things about gravitational pull or "An object in motion tends to remain in motion unless acted upon by an unbalanced force." I'm no expert about things like that. I'm not even a scientific novice. I'm just me, Laura, a poor gentile woman who has been saved by grace by my faith in my Lord Jesus Christ, the living Son of God.

I've thought often of the immeasurable love God has for me. Mary, Jesus' mother spoke of having been blessed among women. I have been blessed among women in my own generation.

I married my high school sweetheart almost 23 years ago. We've loved and lived through very tough times together. We're holding out for the better, the richer, and health!

I have four healthy children. That's twice the average number in America. I have a double portion. ~smile~

Even though I didn't grow up in a Christian home, I was chosen for God's pleasure. We all are. I just chose to respond and say yes to Father God even though I was so frightened. I think we, as Christians, forget how frightening God can be until we learn of and experience His loving forgiveness. Ah, being frightened of God...sounds like another post for another day.

Blessings from God to you all,
Laura
Loved of the Lord


~~~~~

4 comments:

  1. Great post and I sense your thankful and happy spirit in Jesus! That makes us sisters in the Lord! Thanks for sharing, new friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always felt that God is a loving God! How could he not be? He has given us so many gifts and blessings! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a beautiful and encouraging post, my friend. It was truly a joy to read about your sweet blessings. Thank you so much for sharing with Roses of Inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor