|Green Milkweed at Prairie State Park|
© 2015 Amy Lane Photography
Oh what a week it's been! I've been on the go so much. It's just the season of life we're in. I'm struggling to keep a happy attitude about being away from home so much. My husband reminded me tonight that I choose my attitude. Yep, I was frustrated about having to go out and drive tomorrow again. I wasn't very respectful in my response. I know he's reading this today. I'm sorry Honey.
Well, anyway, I haven't been home very much, so I haven't done very much at home. Here are some of the thrifty things I've done lately.
- Mended a pair of shorts and a pair of slacks
- I cut an old t-shirt in strips and braided the strips to make a dog toy for Penny.
- I shopped at Aldi for sale items.
- I bought two pretty dresses for Emily for a few dollars each. You'll probably see them in one of her Pretty Thrifty posts soon.
- I helped my Lowell find chicken breasts on sale for $.99 a pound.
- I said no to an optional medical test that would have cost hundreds of dollars. The doctor didn't think it was essential at this time. God has healed the problem.
- We attended an excellent program at Prairie State Park about nature journaling. Rebecca of Rebecca's Hearth and Home was the speaker. She put on an excellent program. My daughters and I were given lovely nature journals and drawing pencils, and Rebecca explained how to use them to make journal entries. I even drew a little Indigo Bunting. They're tiny brilliant blue birds that look like they flew out of a Disney movie! I sometimes see them while driving my husband to or from work.