Welcome to another thrifty week at Harvest Lane Cottage. I am honored by your visit. Each week I share my thrifty and frugal projects, ways of saving money, and my blessings from God.
I am so glad you dropped in for a visit today—or tonight!
Last week was a major clean out in the garage, back room, and storage room. I also had a wedding the same day and didn't get my writing done. So, I've combined these two weeks into one thrifty week post.
Here's my thrifty week:
- My husband saved us major money by fixing the faucet on our tub.
- He saved more major money by replacing our bathroom sink faucet.
- We ate from the freezer.
- I sewed a cute little bag from fabric I had in my stash. Wouldn't you know? I cannot find the link to the free tutorial I used nor can I find the photos! I'll have to share them later.
- I received a nice little journaling Bible for review. Finally, a Bible with enough room in the margins for notes!
- I received a big box with several packages of button mushrooms. We ate all we wanted fresh, and Amy and I prepped and packaged 9 pounds for the freezer. I have a friend who sometimes gets surplus from some unknown to me place.
- I received lettuce, rolls and beets from another friend.
- I made a big pot of not so tasty soup using a new recipe. It was not a favorite, but we ate it anyway. I froze the leftovers with the thought that I'll try to make it over when I take it out again. I just don't know if I'll get away with it with the family!
- I made a pot of chili soup (not my usual recipe) using precooked frozen ground beef, leftover pinto beans, leftover salsa, ketchup, and seasonings. It wasn't the best, but we enjoyed it. Not every made up soup is a keeper.
- I made chicken soup using chicken that was given to me a few weeks ago.
- We got our van back with a rebuilt transmission. No charge! Warranty work. Praise God!
- Wedding gift: a very big bottle of Dawn dish soap and half a dozen handmade tribbles.
- I cut my son's hair.
- I worked on building a stash of dishcloths to give as gifts.
- A friend gave me five new to me blouses! I had just talked to the Lord about needing some new ones. Some of my old ones were getting pretty worn.
What are you doing in your home this week?
A peek into my life...
A peek into my life...
|My dad bought this for me at a little shop many years ago.|
He paid too much money for it just because I adored it.
Thanks Dad! I still enjoy it.
...doing what I can with what I've got
where I am on a short shoestring budget!