Hello! So glad you dropped in for a visit. Each week I share my thrifty and frugal projects, ways I save money, and my blessings from Jesus.
I am so glad you dropped in for a visit today—or tonight!
Hello! May God give you peace and tranquility in your heart whether your candidate won or lost. Please pray for our new president and our leaders on all levels. May God bless America, and may we turn to Him with our whole hearts. I am hoping to enjoy filling my bucket this weekend!
Here's my thrifty week:
- My Emily was able to find the notebooks and folders she needed for her classes this week in my school supplies stash that was bought on sale or given to us months ago.
- I found a ball of red yarn in a container of
cast-offstreasures that a lady at church gave me a few months ago. I used it to make my new red dishcloths for February. I just did a simple garter stitch casting on 18 stitches. The needles were big—size 13—so it went quite quickly. I just stitched until they were approximately square. I wasn't worried about how they looked, I just wanted red for February! As I got near the end of the yarn, I found a wooden thread spool inside. It's got to be really old. The price says $.29!
- Lots of eating out of the freezer.
- Keeping warm with lots of hot tea. This is my favorite teapot that I bought on Ebay.
- I ordered a Gamestop gift card for my grown son's birthday with my Swagbucks. I got it at a discount, too, since it's the first $25 gift card I've ordered this month. You can earn Swagbucks by answering daily polls, using it for searches, answer surveys, watch videos, and shop on-line. My girls enjoyed the $25 gift cards for Christmas.
Well, that's my thrifty week.
What have you done in your home this week?
...doing what I can with what I've got
where I am on a short shoestring budget!