Sunday, December 10, 2017

My Christmas Bucket List 2017

 

Season's Greetings!

 Have you made a Christmas bucket list of the fun things you want to do this month? I'm not talking about a regular to do list. This list is for the things that bring you joy! 

 I've made a slow start this Christmas season. I haven't done much shopping yet, and making, well, it will just have to wait until next year. Still... there are things I just love to do during the Christmas season. Actually, I like to do a lot of them all winter long. We'll see how many things I can fit in around doctor's appointments, tests, and treatments. 

 The good news is that I'm feeling pretty good, and I'm here to celebrate Christmas with my family. I still have several months of treatments left, but the cancer is in remission.  Thank you God! Glory to God in the highest!

 Here are some of the things I'd like to do this month. I've already done some of these things.
  • Write my Christmas bucket list
  • Make or buy a tree ornament for each child
  • Sing Christmas carols
  • Put up the tree
  • Gaze into the fire in the woodstove
  • Christmas parade
  • Put lights on the house (Kids took care of it.)
  • Talk to strangers (It's what I do!)
  • Smile and spread good cheer
  • Curl up with a terrific book
  • Tree decorating party with my husband and kids
  • Bake cookies with my adult son
  • Make homemade cranberry wassail
  • Make cocoa
  • Watch Christmas movies
  • Listen to Christmas music
  • Decorate the house
  • Read Christmas books  
  • Drink hot apple cider
  • Dip pretzels in white chocolate
  • Gaze into the fire of a candle
  • Sing Christmas carols as I shop
  • Burn fragrant holiday candles
  • Christmas baking ~ working on it!
  • Sip eggnog
  • Advent book
  • Read by tree light
  • Coffee with a friend
  • Lunch with a friend
  • Christmas shopping
  • Christmas caroling
  • Watch more Christmas movies
  • Pajama Run - Christmas lights
  • Cookie Exchange Party
  • Wrap Christmas gifts ~ I'm almost caught up!
  • Invite friends for soup and bread ~ I invited two families, both were sick!
  • Bake Snowball Cookies ~ A friend made some for us, so I skipped this.
  • Christmas Eve open house
  • Christmas Day at home

Most importantly, worship Jesus ~ I cannot bring myself to cross this out though I've done it!

Happy Christmas Season!
Laura
Blessed to be a Blessing




Well, it's December 31st. The new year will be here in just a few hours. I think I did a great job on my Christmas bucket list this year. I'll be posting my winter bucket list in a few days. Watch for it!

24 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful list...I would love to hear you sing as you shop. I love to go look at lights in the next town over. They have a couple of streets that everyone in the neighborhood puts up lights. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Vickie, a couple weeks ago, I heard a man's voice deep and clear at Walmart sing the first line of John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt and pause. I stuck my head around the corner, saw a man with a preschooler in his cart. I sang out loudly, "His name is my name too!" They were both delighted! The man and I each sang a line each at a time until we loudly sang the last line in unison. What a joyous experience! We smiled at each other then went our separate ways. My sixteen year old daughter was with me. She thought it was "epic". Her friend seemed a bit less enthusiastic since she's a shy girl, but she liked it, too. Oh, I'm smiling so big right now. I enjoyed it so much. I wish life was more like a musical!

      I'm loving the Christmas lights I see. I haven't seen any full neighborhoods yet, but the lights are such a joy to me. We used to put the kids to bed one night near Christmas. Then, after they'd been in bed for 15-30 minutes, we'd yell out, "Pajama Run!". The kids would put on their shoes and head to the van. We'd go around and look at lights and drink cocoa. Oh the memories! I do miss my littles.
      Hugs to you!

      Laura

      Delete
  2. Sounds like an amazing list to me. I also have a few things planned that I want to do with my grand this year. I had a nice day yesterday celebrating the holiday with dear friends and my daughters and grand doll. I love this time of the year and you can bet I will be adding some holiday candles to this home this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually feeling pretty good between treatments right now, Carol. So I hope to enjoy as well as get some work done before I begin radiation after Christmas.
      Happy Christmas my friend!
      Laura

      OH, and I love that you have a grand doll!

      Delete
  3. We love Branson, but we've not been there for Christmas in many years. It's about 1 1/2 hours from us. We've stopped a few times at the Cider Mill on the way to visit my parents.
    Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your bucket list! when you said you talk to strangers I started giggling. when I was younger my mom used to embarrass me because she would talk to random people. now I realize I am my mother. a month or so ago my mother and I were at a restraint eating lunch and I had ordered chicken livers. the lady sitting next to me made a comment when my order came out about how good they looked. without thinking I picked my plate up and carried it over to her and offered her some. haha she thought they were very good!!! my mom just laughed at me because 10 years ago I would have crawled under the table if my mom would have done that. how times have changed. but if I can be half the woman my mother is I will be grateful. God bless you!! Sherri from MO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sherri! That's wonderful! I absolutely love that you shared your livers! What town do you live in? I'm in Carthage.

      Delete
    2. I live in pleasant Hill. 30 miles south of Kansas City. My daughter went to school in Joplin for two years and my moms family was from Seneca.

      Delete
    3. Hi, I've been to Pleasant Hill. It's a charming little town!

      Delete
  5. We meet such nice people by talking to stranger's too! Your Christmas tree on the sidebar is lovely. A friend told me that one day she was in the store and a man was following her every where she went and she finally turned and asked him if he was following her. He said was because her singing was blessing him so much! Enjoy the season!

    ReplyDelete
  6. https://www.challies.com/sponsored/i-shall-not-die-but-live-and-tell/

    I just read this and totally thought of you since I had just read that verse on your blog!

    So happy to see you posting and planning and enjoying the season!

    Merry Christmas to you and the whole family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thanks Deb, I'll go look that post up. I appreciate you sharing it with me. I hope you grab all the happy
      and joyful you can this Christmas then spread it with the love of Jesus.
      Hugs to you,
      Laura

      Delete
  7. Laura, what a wonderful gift the Lord has given you..your family, and friends this year. You are here to continue spreading His love and message, and what a blessing you have been to me. I just LOVE how He works in mysterious ways to bring people together at just the right moment when they need it most in their lives..I don't believe in fate, luck or karma..I believe everything is according to God's plan, and what a planner He is!! Thank you for being you,
    Sending a gentle hug, Karla

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your list is filled with wonderful things to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, tonight we squeezed in pretzel dipping before dance practice.
      I cannot believe Christmas is almost here. I need to get my shopping done!

      God bless you Stacey!
      Laura

      Delete
  9. Nice list. Take it nice and slow and everything will get done in time. Happy to hear you are feeling better.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marion,
      Actually, it would be okay if most of it doesn't get done. This is the fun stuff!
      Thanks for talking back!
      Laura

      Delete
  10. My wish list is simple to stop being ill, to make it to The Lord's nativity Divine Liturgy on Christmas day, and to make a yummy lasagna for after the service!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my Michelle! Get well soon! I plead the blood of Jesus over you and Jack for complete healing. I pray it over me, too, because I'm having cold symptoms. With all I've been through, I do not want a cold!
      God bless you and enjoy!
      Laura

      Delete
  11. Laura, the fun is in the dreaming, right? Will be watching to see when you share the ones you get done, and the ones you choose to let go for another time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The girls are dipping pretzels tonight! We're smooshing it in before Christmas dance practice.
      Blessings,
      Laura

      Delete
  12. I love your bucket list.. So doable and fun.. And praising God, is the best of all.
    I would love to have been in wal mart when you and the man sang.. How amazing.[I am shy...plus I can't carry a tune in a bucket.lol--- But love to hear others sing..]
    I have been making cookies/candies... Have the decorating done and enjoying just turning the lights off and watch CHristmas movies.. so fun.. I even bought a can of Christmas pop corn, so on my lazy nights... we still eat pop corn with our hot chocolate.smile
    Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a wonderful way to spend an evening. Enjoy friend!

      Delete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor