Saturday, September 29, 2018

Harvest Lane Cottage: Fall Bucket List 2018


Once again this promises to be a Fall like no other.

I'll be having breast reconstruction revision surgery on October 10th. 
I've made an ambitious list, I know. 
I want to squeeze all the joy I can from the season.
I thank God that Autumn has come again for me.
We think we plan our lives,
but we know not how many
Autumns we have left.

I'll change each item to italics as I complete it. It is easier to read than crossing them out. How many of these things are on your list?

  • Write my fall bucket list
  • Celebrate First Day of Fall September 22nd
  • Enjoy candy pumpkins
  • Drink homemade hot cocoa
  • Fall decorating ~ not much this year
  • Maple Leaf Parade
  • Burn a cinnamony, pumpkiny, spicy fall candle - My son just brought me one!
  • September Sewing Challenge
  • Knit a hat for me
  • Knit hats for charity - Operation Christmas Child, chemo patients, and the Community Clinic
  • Bake cookies with Amy.
  • Volunteer for a political campaign (Don't worry, I just helped with some postcards!)
  • Listen to Christmas music
  • Reconstruction revision surgery October 10th - It went great!!!
  • Take a drive to look at fall foliage 
  • Curl up with a terrific book
  • Enjoy a candle lit evening
  • Try a new soup or stew  
  • Take a walk and enjoy the maple leaves
  • Read a wonderful Christmas book ~ Christmas by the Sea 
  • Worship God under the stars
  • Drink eggnog
  • Collect leaves to decorate
  • Go to a bonfire or enjoy our outdoor fireplace
  • S'mores
  • Knit hats for charity
  • Make apple crisp
  • Knit a sweater for Penny, my little dog 
  • Hurrah for the pecan pie!
  • Read by candlelight or lamplight
  • Make friendship tea 
  • Bake pumpkin shaped cut out sugar cookies
  • Bake bread  
  • Queen's Apples - apple slices with caramel and pecans
  • Plan Christmas gifts
  • Watch Christmas movies*  
  • Destination Unknown with the kids - I'm thinking about a destination.
  • Make Christmas gifts
  • Gaze into the fire in our woodstove
  • Enjoy pumpkin pie
  • Harvest Celebration Cake
  • Sip apple cider
  • Celebrate Thanksgiving
  • Decorate Christmas tree with the kids Thanksgiving weekend
Have you made a Fall Bucket List?
Please share your link in the comments.

Thank you for your prayers.

Laura
Squeezing Out the Joy






*
Christmas movies I've watched this Fall:
White Christmas
Holiday Inn
Christmas in Connecticut

Christmas books I've read this Fall:
Christmas by the Sea
Catching Christmas
The Christmas Dog 



Shared at:
Hearth and Soul

Monday 
Over the Moon
Busy Monday
Lou Lou Girls Fabulous Party 

15 comments:

  1. Hello Laura, Am sooo excited for you that the date has been set! Oct 10, Yes! Let's get it over and done with!

    Love to you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be great to begin feeling myself again after this is all over. I find I'm not the same anymore, but in a good way.
      Blessings,
      Laura

      Delete
  2. Laura that is some bucket list. There are a few things I like to do. we have decorated for Fall and next week we will put up the Halloween decorations. I am
    reading Christmas books and have read Autumn magazines. Pumpkin pie is a favorite and will make pumpkin cookies. we take down the Fall decorations after Thanksgiving and start the Christmas decorating.
    You are in my prayers.
    HAPPY FALL
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've already been busy! I'm getting a slow start this year, but that's okay. I've been doing a lot of paring down and discarding.
      Blessings,
      Laura

      Delete
  3. Those are all great things! Jack burned a pumpkin candle the other day. Could only enjoy it for a little bit with my allergies but it was nice! Still praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite a bucket list! I have you in my prayers for a great outcome of the surgery. I had breast reduction surgery in 2007 and found that medical massage therapy with a certified medical masseuse really helped with some scar tissue that impinged on my ability to lift my arms. Please keep this in mind if you experience similar problems. Just a few sessions made quite a difference in getting total range of motion back quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, isn't it, Kelli​? I do have until the end of November though. ~smile~ Thank you for the suggestions about the scar tissue.

      Delete
  5. That is quite the list. I am thrilled for you that you have a date for reconstruction and am praying all goes well. I have made a start with lots of gifts and cards for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you Mama! Thank you for the prayers.
      Laura

      Delete
  6. Hi Laura, All of your bucket list (apart from the surgery) sounded so perfect for Autumn...warm and inviting, like cozy Winter woolies. When I visited America I loved the Pumpkin-ee spicy candles, and especially the country stores that sold candles and melts etc. We don't have stores like that here (sadly). Laura please no I will be thinking of you and praying your surgery goes well. Another part of this big journey you've been on. We are all blessed that you are enjoying another Autumn - all praise to our God. Blessings to you ~ Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda,
      I wish we had more of the little country stores in my area. I burned one of the pumkiny candles today, but my husband did not like it. I suppose I'll have to find something with cinnamon or apple when he's around.

      Thank you so much for praying for me. It's made all the difference in my life.

      Your friend,
      Laura

      Delete
  7. Hello sweet friend! So thankful to be here visiting with you today, it's been a busy summer, and I look forward to catching up with you! We must have that cup of tea together soon :) What a fun bucket list, and so fun to cross each thing off. I will be praying for you on the 10th as you have the surgery, that the Lord will be with you through it all! Always such a blessing to visit here and see how the Lord is continuing to bless and keep you in the midst of your difficult battle with the cancer. HE is so faithful! Blessings and hugs to you sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn,
      It was indeed busy summer. I never even made a bucket list. Thank you for praying for me. God is taking care of me in so many ways. I appreciate your prayers so much.
      Blessings,
      Laura

      Delete
  8. Oh yay! I love your lists! Praying for your surgery.

    If it will ever cool off here we can feel like it is Fall! I want to go camping but it is just too warm yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lana. It cools and warms here in Missouri.
      How are things with you?
      L

      Delete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor