Friday, May 3, 2019

I HAVE THE BEST BLOG FRIENDS!



Dear Blog Friends,

 I just have to tell you—y'all are just the best!  You've stuck with me when I write a lot, a little, or not at all for awhile. You've written encouraging comments, encouraging notes, sent gifts, and some have even called.

 Best of all you have prayed.  You've prayed us through unemployment, financial troubles, my breast cancer, and now my husband's knee replacement. God can't get us off His mind 'cause y'all keep reminding him of us in prayer. ~smile~

 Lowell is two weeks out of knee replacement surgery. He's doing great! He's already off the walker and using a cane. In fact, he sometimes forgets to use it around the house. He still hurts a lot and uses pain medicine, but he's been released from physical therapy to exercise on his own. He's already working a few hours a day, too. It amazes me.

 Why does it amaze me? We prayed. God is doing what God does best. We need to stop being surprised when God moves.

 Thank you so much for your support through the years—especially through the last couple of years of health problems. Y'all are the best!

God bless you all,
Laura Lane
Harvest Lane Cottage




11 comments:

  1. Dear Laura, We do all care for you and your family! Life can be very tough, it is good to have friends that will pray and love and encourage us through it all!
    Have a blessed day...
    Hugs, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am beyond happy that hubby is doing so well. I've known about a dozen people who have gotten knee replacement surgery and the result is always very good, or very bad; they have a new lease on life, or they're so sorry they got the surgery b/c they ended up worse. So I'm very thankful that Lowell had success!!
    You and your family endured more than most, and although I'm not a constant contributor to the blog, but I do have your name in my prayer journal and am always mindful to pray for you regularly. Keep us updated on L's recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a blessing to us too! Have a grand weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a precious post from your grateful heart!
    I love the picture of the two of you.

    So happy to hear that your husband has done so well with his knee surgery.
    Continuing to pray.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad to hear he is doing so well! God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura, you've actually been the best friend other bloggers could ask for. You are always there to encourage people through the worst of times and celebrate with them through the best of times. We in the blogger world appreciate you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear he is continuing to heal well. This is a great picture of you two!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laura, Do you realize you are just getting back a portion of what you give to others? You are faithful and pray for others and that blessing is just being returned. You have certainly modeled a good walk. Blessings- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love you so much and love to pray for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praise the Lord! Happy to hear how well your husband is doing. Love the picture of the two of you. Blessings, Glaphre 💓💓

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that I've connected with you Laura. I'm always so happy to stop by your lovely blog, it brings me joy. You have such a loving heart and true devotion to Jesus. Your love for your husband and family always shines like a light. I pray blessings over you ~ your friend Linda xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor