Friday, April 30, 2021

Harvest Lane Cottage Name History

Harvest Lane Cottage


 Hello from Harvest Lane Cottage!

  Once upon a time, long long ago, we had a small farm. One year we grew pumpkins and gourds and had a pumpkin patch. My husband loved it. I loved going through the patch looking for baby pumpkins and watching them grow. Back then, I was Laura of Harvest Lane Farm. After we moved to town, we called our little Craftsman Bungalow Harvest Lane Cottage. We moved back to Missouri from Kansas and moved a couple more times since then. We bought our current house in our hometown, so we are settled. I kept the name Harvest Lane Cottage, because it has been my blog's name for a lot of years... since 2007! Even though our current house is a ranch style built in 1968, I'm doing my best to cozy it up like a little cottage a bit at a time. I love cottage style, and we bloom where we're planted!

  Hope you have a wonderful weekend, and do something to make your home a bit more like you'd like it to be whether it's a ranch, a farm, or an apartment. Make what you do inside your home a reflection of what you like. That's a lesson that took me years to learn. Do with whatcha got! 

  Be blessed and look for the happy!

Laura

Laura Lane
of 
Harvest Lane Cottage


9 comments:

  1. I love the name of your blog. We actually live in a 1930 cottage that I call Bygone Cottage :-) It's old, but comfy to us. Good to hear from you. Glad you're well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura. I've been blogging since about 2007 as well and our current house was built the same year as yours! Good post. I hope you have a good weekend and I will see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura-
    Love reading about your journey. Last September my hubby and I sold our mcmansion and moved to rural west central NV to teach. We are living on the cheap in district provided housing, which is a fraction of the size of our previous house. Over the last few months I’ve been able to make it home by bringing in house plants to the decor. Seeing all the greenery makes me smile.
    All the best from Goldfield NV- Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina I'd love to know more about what you've done to make your house a home. It's quite a change. My daughter bought a couple of plants, and they are really helping our house feel homey.
      Blessings from Harvest Lane Cottage,
      Laura

      Delete
  4. Hello, lovely lady!
    Such a beautiful post.
    I have lived in many different houses and finally feel at home.
    Have a cozy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your home is absolutely stunning! You make it cozy and comfortable.

      Delete
  5. Hi Laura :)
    1st off - lovely post !! The pumpkin patch sounds great..I've only ever managed to grow about six !!..I think that was my biggest yield & I was still happy. I agree with what you said at the end to fill your home with what you like. It's taken me many years to develop my own style, but I found clues when Pintrest came along. I always ended up pinning similar fabrics, decor etc. I would call my style old fashioned, country, vintage-ish :) I especially love old and new (old style) blue china. I love florals, plaid and stipes. I very much enjoy making our home cozy and welcoming. Lovely to stop by as always..and secondly before I go: look out for a letter in the post..it will probably take a month :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor