Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Everyone is Looking at You!

Lowell and Laura Lane 
35 years and counting!


 "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."


John 14:27


Dear friends,


 They are all looking at you—looking at me. They're watching to see what we do, what we say, whether we are stressed or whether we are peaceful. Many people are watching to see if this Jesus thing is real to us. Family, friends, strangers, co-workers are all watching. So, is this Jesus thing real to you?


 When you face a crisis of any kind, first words matter. Are your words of hope? Of fear? Of thankfulness and praise to God? Of despair? Only you can control what comes out first and what comes out most often. Others will use your reaction to judge Christianity and God. Make sure that your first words and all words are life, hope, peace, and joy.  When we are pressed, we are not crushed. We have a father God who loves us and provides what we need and heals us. Do we believe that?  I do. 


  I am an older woman. I've had years of experience with hard times both financial and health challenges. That's an advantage I have over many who are facing their first big challenges with this Covid-19 threat. 


 I've seen God provide when my husband's income was cut in half, because the company no longer wished to pay his salary. He was forced to quit. I've seen God supply when we had a long period of unemployment when my children were little. I've seen God supply when we closed a business and didn't have income for 4 months while my husband was looking for a position. I've seen God supply when my position was eliminated after I was ill and had surgery. God always supplies our needs. I've learned to pray and trust him. The trick is to do it without worrying. There's a lot of scripture about that. ~smile~


 God has brought me through pneumonia three times, two of which I was hospitalized for. He's brought me through more surgeries than most families have had in total. Sixteen so far. Another one is coming later this month.  Lately, he's brought me through breast cancer. I have evidence that Holy Spirit will never leave me nor forsake me. I just have to keep paying attention and praying and praising and worshiping. My faith has been deepened by the numerous trials in my life. I have been refined. 


 We're all dealing with the virus in one way or another. I encourage you to speak life, speak truth, speak hope, speak faith, speak the Word of God. Now is a time to draw closer to Him, and He will draw closer to you.


 Keep calm and pray on!

 Laura Lane



Shared at:

Happiness is Homemade


16 comments:

  1. AMEN - it couldn't have been said any better.
    I try to leave a positive note and spin on everything I can. We get enough hate and anger elsewhere.
    LOVE THIS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! You have a full testimony of HiS goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is very real to me. And isn't it peculiar that we give things to God then attach strings of worry? To truly trust Him with it can be difficult (maybe that's just me) but when I do, He always proves Himself.
    And wow! 16 + 1 surgeries = the bionic woman :-) Prayers for continually improved health and happiness. Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Lady. It is strange how we tend to worry. I find I worry less now than I once did. If I worry, most likely it's about my adult kids. There's no use worrying about that. I won't see how it all comes out in the end for them. I'll go on long before they do. I just need to trust God to keep drawing them and finish the work.Hugs!Laura

      Delete
  4. Beautifully said...and keeping you in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Where are you working now? I've misplaced your email address.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for this important reminder! I've read something similar many times before but your post opened my eyes. I'm busy looking at others to see how they are reacting. Always better than me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably not always Nancy. Hugs to you! Chin up!

      Delete
  6. Thank you for the uplifting message.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so true !! amen to everything you said. You have one of the sweetest attitudes of anyone I know. I can't even believe all you've been through...and you still give God the glory :) Hallelujah.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor