Monday, June 6, 2022

Slow and Steady, I'm Working on Putting Life Back in Order!

Lowell and I had a blast at the Haygoods Show
in Branson, Missouri this past weekend.


 Hello everybody, it is so good to be done with school. Now I have the summer ahead of me and the freedom to plan my day I enjoy being a retired homeschool mom. This week I'm going to focus on doing some of the things around the house that have needed to be done since I started working in February. I have some mending that needs to be done cleaning, laundry, and ironing among other things. I plan on making my summer bucket list and posting it sometimes this week, Even though gas prices are through the roof, my husband and I visited Branson, Missouri last weekend; and,  I hope we can getaway for a weekend at least once more this summer. I also hope to go to Kansas City to visit my parents once or twice.

 There are a couple of good movies coming up this summer that I've written about recently. I also would like to go to the drive-in. We have one of two of the remaining drive ins on Route 66. If you've never been to a drive-in, it's worth seeking one out for the experience.

 My elder daughter graduated with her master's degree in social work recently. She's looking for the right entry position now. She offered to help me with some things that I've been neglecting. So this afternoon we are going to go through a dish cabinet and a couple of drawers. Slow and steady, I intend to get this place back in shape!

 Have a wonderful week friends. Check in with me at the end of the week, and I'll share some of the things I've gotten done. Hopefully, I'll have several thrifty things to share.

 God bless you all!

Laura

Happily at home again!

11 comments:

  1. It is so nice that you enjoyed a special time in Branson. We love going there as well. Home is such a sweet place to be. It is nice to fluff and feather our nest. Homespun Hugs, Teri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teri. I'm trying to place who you are, and I don't have your email address. Do you have a blog?

      Delete
    2. OH! I recognize you, Teri! I'll come by and see you.

      Delete
  2. Deb (formerly of Carthage, now in Central FL)June 7, 2022 at 6:19 AM

    Yeah for summer! And Congratulations to Emily! What an accomplishment! Have a wonderful summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expect to enjoy it more than I have the last 5 summers. Can you believe it's been 5 years since my diagnosis and treatment began. I am determined not to have any more surgeries! I've lost count!
      Happy summer to you my friend!
      Love long-distance,
      Laura

      Delete
  3. I was finally able to retire completely. Retired 3 years ago and worked part-time until they found my replacement (and we did have 2 years of a hiring freeze and covid). I am just now getting caught up with all of the garden neglects. Yes slow but getting it accomplished. I have asthma and have cardiac issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're catching up, Deb. I don't know if I ever will! I'll just keep puttering away at it. ~smile~ May God bless you and bring strength, healing, and length of days to you in Jesus' name!

      Delete
  4. Happy Summer! Isn't it nice to have time to do the things we don't have time for during the school year?! You look lovely, my dear friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a sweetheart! I like to keep postitive people like you around! Have a great summer my friend!
      Laura

      Delete
  5. Do you miss homeschooling? I miss the early years of teaching the girls to read and studying the Little House books. I think we have at least one drive-in near us and its in Phoenix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Regina,
      I do miss homeschooling. The early years are so much fun. Learning the basics of life and academics and all about the world around us was fun with my kids. Sometimes I cry because I miss the little ones that they were... even though I love the adults they have become.

      Delete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor