Wednesday, October 11, 2023

What I'm Reading This Week... October 11

 Hello dear ladies,

This is what I've been reading this week!



My light reading this week is Crewel and Unusual by Molly MacRae. It's the last book in the Haunted Yarn Shop cozy mystery series. My friend Laura suggested the series to me. It's been interesting and not too spooky. I like cozy mysteries, because there are none of the terrible details present in some other mysteries. They're who done it's in line with Murder She Wrote. I'm listening on Scribd. It's great knitting listening since it's a yarn shop mystery!




I've been listening to John Adams by David McCullough for months. As you can see, I have about 8 and a half hours left. I happened to see it on the for sale shelf at the library yesterday. It's an extremely thick book. No wonder it's taking me so long to listen to it. I'm not going to be an expert on John Adams when I'm through, but it's giving me a better overall understanding of the time of the revolution and the time when the government and the Constitution of the United States was being formed.
It's heavy. I usually listen while I'm driving or doing housework. I'm listening on Scribd. 

Lastly, I'm in Psalms and Proverbs this week.

Well, that's it for this week. What are you reading and listening to?

Hope your week is filled with gentle pleasures and plenty of prayer.

Laura
Blessed to be a Blessing




7 comments:

  1. I have that John Adams book, you are reminding me to read it. My father loved it. I am studying Philippians in women's Bible study at church with about 10 ladies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terra,
      It's a book that will keep you busy for a long while! I think Philippians may be my favorite book. I'm planning to join up with the ladies at my church for a Wednesday night Bible study soon.
      Blessings,
      Laura
      Pray for Israel!

      Delete
  2. I've been trying to find the Molly MacRae books but none of our libraries have them. I'm going to keep searching since I don't have Scribd.
    Our ladies Bible Study is going through John so I spend time every day in John, but also I'm reading Psalms. Based on world events, I'm planning to read Revelation again.
    I just finished listening to "Elizabeth is Missing" by Emma Healing. It was really interesting and written from the perspective of a woman with dementia. I believe it gave me a bit of insight into what we're dealing with Mom.
    I hope you have a wonderful Thursday.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Betsy,

      You're right, Revelation is a good place to read right now. We're getting closer.

      You'll get a better experience with the Molly MacRae books if you start with the first one. Last Wool and Testament is the first one. It sets the stage for the whole series and introduces the characters.

      I've listened to all of MacRae's books on Scribd.

      *I signed up for a free trial of Scribd in February 2019. It's an app where you can read or listen to books for just $11.99 a month with no limit.

      I kept the plan, because we really use it and like it a lot. We especially like the extensive list of audio books. Take a look. If you sign up from this link, you can get a two free months trial, and I'll get one month free, too.

      I'm glad Elizabeth is Missing is giving you some insight. I'm so sorry your mom is experiencing problems like this. I just prayed for her and your family.

      Blessings,
      Laura
      Pray for Israel!

      Delete
  3. I'm studying Hebrews. It is a challenging book. Your lighthearted mystery sounds perfect for cozy evenings! Hope you are having a good week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer,Hebrews is very challenging. It's right up there with Romans. I like listening the cozy mysteries while knitting or while working about the house. Have a great weekend. Blessings,Laura
      P.S. Pray for Israel

      Delete
  4. I was going to put the mystery on hold at the library....do these need to be read in order? Should I get the first in the series before reading this one??

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor