Welcome to another thrifty week at Harvest Lane Cottage. I am honored by your visit. Each week I share my thrifty and frugal projects, ways of saving money, and my blessings from God.
I am so glad you dropped in for a visit today—or tonight!
We've been really busy with Autumn life including bonfires, church activities, campaigning, writing, reading, hot tea sipping, decorating and a little baking.
Here's my thrifty week:
- A friend gave me another blouse she no longer needed.
- Since we've been campaigning a lot at Republican Headquarters. They provided meals if we were working at mealtime.
- Fifty cent corndogs for all at Sonic on Reformation Day. Yep, I know they thought they were celebrating Halloween. ~smile~
- Update on the wedding gift I gave last month (a very big bottle of Dawn dish soap and half a dozen handmade tribbles): I received a sweet handwritten card yesterday from the bride saying they were her favorite gift because they were handmade, practical, and she needed them. Success! She'll be a frugal wife yet!
- We ate ribs that my dad gave us during our long period of unemployment at the beginning of the year. God has blessed us with so much chicken this fall, I'm going to have to thaw, cook, debone, and refreeze it to make room should my son shoot a deer this season. I'd better get on that soon!
- My daughter used both sides of the paper when she made her copies for the girls' Bible study she's leading.
- I sewed more tissue holder gifts.
- I mended my son's flashlight holder.
- A big bag of peanuts in the shell for snacking for just $1.99.
What are you doing in your home this week?
...doing what I can with what I've got
where I am on a short shoestring budget!