Wednesday, March 15, 2017

My Spring Bucket List 2017

Getting things done is often one part work and two parts focus. 
~smile~ 
My Bucket Lists help me to focus on the things that I want to do that aren't part of my daily routine. They also remind me to have a little fun and enjoy the season! I will change the listings to italics as I cross them off the list.


Here's my Spring Bucket List 2017.
  • Write my Spring Bucket List
  • Write my Spring Reading List
  • Enjoy fresh strawberries
  • Start working on school plans for next year
  • Real Estate Investing (Decluttering)
  • Go to yard sales ~smile~
  • Go to the drive-in with the kids... sort of... I sent them. Just couldn't go myself because of being sick. Maybe this summer.
  • Fill planter with flowers to enjoy outside the door... hubby did this for me.
  • Plant some spring flowers in my window box... thanks to hubby
  • Get the vegetable garden planted... a few tomatoes, peppers and basil in 5 gallon buckets will do for this year.
  • Picnic in the park
  • Ice cream run with the kids
  • Wash windows
  • Make cookies for the kids on a rainy day
  • Make strawberry jam
  • Touch up the ceiling paint in the girls' room.
  • Have Michael and his friends put up new light in the hallway
  • Double Feature Movie Night... I did this with my Amy while the others were at the drive-in.
  • Sew a new apron
  • Sew a new skirt
  • Place wildflowers throughout the house
  • Spray paint old metal cart
  • Help Emily, Michael, and Amy practice hospitality
  • Invite friends for soup and bread
  • Make Resurrection Cookies
  • Celebrate Resurrection Day
  • Invite friends for dessert
  • Pedicure ~ A Christmas gift from my hubby.
  • Knit and crochet a big pile of dishcloths for gifts.
  • Finish Emily's quilt
  • Visit my friend, Laura, in St. Louis
  • Talk to strangers
  • Paint the bathroom ~ All done! We used a Valspar paint from Lowes called Cream in My Coffee. 
  • Take a rug weaving class
  • Blow bubbles
  • Sonic happy hour run for frozen lemonade
  • Destination unknown picnic
  • Bake Ladybird Johnson's Lemon Cake
  • Try a new pie recipe—maybe an old-fashioned pie or hand pies
  • Plant Petunias

I may add or subtract as I go, but it's a start! My bucket lists inspire me and help me to enjoy life and get things done. I hope this list will inspire you to make your own list! I know some items will be passed on to my summer bucket list, but it is motivating!

What will you put on your bucket list?

Be blessed!



~~~~~
ஐღLauraღஐ 
...doing what I can with what I've got where I am 
on a short shoestring budget!


29 comments:

  1. Laura,
    Such a thorough list!
    I see many tings listed that I would add to mine.
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    And one of my very favorite things to do this year is to start planning for next year's school! : )
    Have a cozy evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it inspired you Billie Jo. I cannot wait to get started!
      Blessings,
      Laura

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great list.
    You asked me about my winter list.
    I don't think I did one thing on it.
    Always, hope, smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, that's a list, smiles...which, I have not made one...smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I encourage you to do it, Linda, even if it's a short one.
      Blessings,
      Laura

      Delete
  4. I plan on Spring cleaning and regrouping our closets. We moved in September 27th and I think that I could organize more efficiently, but I love to clean and organize! Hey, how is Ellen doing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's been moved to another hospital for rehabilitation. I'll send an email to you.

      Come on over to my place when you're done with yours. I can make you VERY happy!

      Delete
  5. Laura, I love your list! Lots of light and bright and joy on it. I like the idea of listing out my "intentions" as sort of a guide to see on paper all the ideas shooting around in my mind when the season changes *-)
    Your kids are blessed to have such a happy, engaging mama.
    Happy Spring!
    (btw, I have a homemade "communion bread" recipe if you are interested)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lori,
      Spring is a light and bright season, isn't it?
      Thank you for the offer of communion bread recipe.
      Truthfully, the kids look forward to my regular homemade bread. It's not authentic, but it's tradition in our family. ~smile~
      Be blessed and grasp the moment!
      Laura

      Delete
  6. I really like your list, Laura. I hope you accomplish much of it. It sounds fun ❤

    ReplyDelete
  7. God bless you to complete your list, my friend! Happy almost Spring!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl. Hope all is well with you. Ellen is recovering! I'll write soon.
      Hugs,
      Laura

      Delete
  8. What a wonderful spring list.. I love it.. They all seem doable, and fun too. How smart to do your school planning early..[so your not frantically rushing to start it up.ha] Love the fun you add to it too..
    Best wishes ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had my years of rushing Judy. I hope to avoid it this year!
      I've never finished a bucket list, but they help me get more of the fun things done.
      Be blessed!
      Laura

      Delete
  9. To smile again. Life gave us a real kick to the teeth a couple of weeks ago. :::heavy sigh:::

    Your list sounds wonderful. I hope you do it all and enjoy every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Father God, you know exactly what the kick was. I pray that you will bring your Shalom peace to Debby and her loved ones beginning right now. I pray that you will draw them close to you and Holy Spirit will be close to them. Please meet their every need. I ask it all by the power of the blood of Jesus and in Jesus' precious name. Amen.

      Hugs to you Debby! Joy comes in the morning.
      Laura

      Delete
    2. Thank you Debby! I receive that in Jesus' Name.

      Delete
  10. Wow, that is quite a list! Hope you accomplish everything you want to! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Deb—especially the fun stuff. Hubby is working on the bathroom today. We've got one, and it gets lots of use. It's ready to be updated and fixed up a bit.

      Delete
  11. I love your bucket list! I can't wait for garage sale season. I need to make my list! I've always wanted to tell you I love the bird songs on your blog-my cat loves them too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Vickie, so glad you enjoy the birds. I've thought to change them to soothing music many times, then someone will comment on how she or her pet enjoys them!
      Be blessed,
      Laura

      Delete
  12. This is such a great idea to do a bucket list for a specific season. You've inspired me to work on one for this year. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great list! I love that #1 is already done!! PS - Visiting from http://lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get to #2, or I won't have enough time to read!

      Delete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor